dsl caller id on the monitor?

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
I have been on hold with the NEW!..... at&t for the last 30 min and still on hold. All I want to know is do they have a program to display an incoming phone number on my monitor while on the computer like if you have dialup? I know there is aftermarket software.

You got me, Verizon doesn't. They have a program where you can see the people who called you, access your voice mail online, etc. But nothing like you are wanting cause the computer itself isn't hooked up to the telephone line.

You can hook up a phone line to your modem and have it show the caller id that way.

I think that he already has a phone line connected to his modem (he's using dial up). I'm guessing that he wants caller id while he is online. I know that I get caller ID on my phone when I'm on a call. So I can screen while the phone is in use.

My guess would be that Verizon and at&t do not have any software to do this, but if you search the net enough, then you might find something.

I searched for "Caller id" on Free Software Downloads and Software Reviews - Download.com and found 99 hits. So there is stuff out there for you to check out.

If I remember correctly you have to setup Hyperterminal somehow to use the caller id function.

I think that he already has a phone line connected to his modem (he's using dial up). I'm guessing that he wants caller id while he is online. I know that I get caller ID on my phone when I'm on a call. So I can screen while the phone is in use.

My guess would be that Verizon and at&t do not have any software to do this, but if you search the net enough, then you might find something.

I searched for "Caller id" on Free Software Downloads and Software Reviews - Download.com and found 99 hits. So there is stuff out there for you to check out.

No, he isn't on dial-up. He said like when your on dial-up.

Thanks Guys for your input. I couldn't find any software that would work. The phone line in this room has a dsl filter that splits to the dsl modem and a phone line that is connected to a 625 receiver. Thanks to Dishnotworks software the caller id feature works very infrequently on the 625. I can reboot the receiver and the caller id feature will only work for a day or so. I have a cordless phone with a charger that has caller id but it seems to sprout legs and never be in here when I'm on the computer. What I will do is split the phone line side of the filter in two and connect a phone with caller id that won't walk off. Thanks again for your input.:)

if anyone knows how to do this it would be great I have a modem installed but don't see a reason to run it with having the broadband, also anyone know about a fax program that will send out via the broadband that is free or very very low cost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)