DSR-4410 - unresponsive

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trinidex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
In an earlier thread today I was trying to get my DSR-4410 to do DVB-S, things were going okay until the unit became unresponsive.

I was on the front screen with the main options, cursor blinking under Install, I tried to move it, nothing, I pressed Enter, nothing.

So...I unplugged it, plugged it back in, now it sticks at all LEDs on and the top row of the display with light squares, backlight on.

Seems bricked to me which is not good news, is there a recovery option for these units?

Any ideas gratefully received!

TIA

After losing a DSR410 to a dead battery last year, that's my first thought. Mine lights all the front panel lights continuously and the video output is only a gray screen.

After losing a DSR410 to a dead battery last year, that's my first thought. Mine lights all the front panel lights continuously and the video output is only a gray screen.

Oh sh*t...I wonder if I replace the battery would it come back, even if the UID is eff'd I could still get ZK stuff

Iceberg said:
If its all 0's you wont even get ZK stuff...got 2 of them like that here

Ah crap!

Is it worth changing the battery to see if it'll at least come back to life?

Check the battery voltage first and see if its low. Be forwarned if you loose your UID the unit is toast.
But at this point you need to do something to clear the memory. You could call ATS and ask them if they any idea's on a MR of the box since they work on commercial IRD's too.

Battery was reading 3.14v I changed the battery, hot swap style but that didn't help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)