Dsr100

berwyned

Original poster
Jan 6, 2007
Thanks in advance. I have an old DSR100 (that was the satelite receiver with the built in VHS player) that got pushed into the corner last year when I upgraded to a PVR721 (with the dual tuners). The DSR100 worked fine as a receiver but got pushed aside when its VHS tape ejector gave up the ghost. I have two issues in front of me.

1. Does the DSR100 have any value (really) and how would I go about getting rid of it? garbage can/ebay? If it doesn't,

2. What would it take to hook it back into my system to atleast run a second TV? I have a DP34 switch and I still have two receiver out lines open. I think I need something called a Legacy Adapter but I am not sure if I woud need something else. besides that.

Anyone want the DSR100? It cost a "whole" lot of money new and I haven't been able to bring myself to tossing it in the garbage.

not sure, but i think you have the jvc dvhd receiver? you could hook it up off the 34 switch. you'll need a Dish Pro adapter if it is a legacy receiver.

you could hook it up off the 34 switch. you'll need a Dish Pro adapter if it is a legacy receiver.
That's not what the on-line manuals say! You need "at least" one DishPro receiver to power the DP34, but the other 3 receiver ports could go to legacy receivers.

The DP34 will not work with Legacy receivers unless you have the Legacy adapter

The DPP44 will work with Legacy units with no adapters :)

Of course you guys are right. Sorry for the waste of bandwidth. I can no longer find the misleading manual I was looking at yesterday... Perhaps I was reading the DPP44 manual by mistake.

HomeZone

question about new price increase

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)