DSR410 Cable Tuner?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dishman Dan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
N/A
Does the DSR410 have a QAM tuner that will work for those channels ITC???

I thought that originally the "DSR" designation stood for "Dual Source Receiver."

I am considering a 410 and doing ITC QAM channels would be a positive! ;)

Does the DSR410 have a QAM tuner that will work for those channels ITC???

I thought that originally the "DS" designation stood for "dual source."

I am considering a 410 and doing ITC QAM channels would be a positive! ;)

No QAM tuner.

It does do dual source but just Analog and if its remapped to SRL the analog channel map goes away.

Attachments

• dsr410DS_may02.pdf
    638.4 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
the original use of the 410 was for smaller cable companies who didnt want to upgrade their whole infrastructure to digital use this setup. This is when the W5 stuff was on X4 (99W KU Band)

They would install a 30" dish and hook up the 410. Then run the cable line to the cable input.
2-99 was analog and the cable company. I dont know if the EPG worked
100-up was the Hits2Home setup and had a guide.

Cable company up by the lake cabin used this at one time. Saw a bunch of old 30" round dishes on folks houses

Iceberg said:

Yes the EPG worked on the analog channels. Each cable system had a custom map with their channel line up.

the original use of the 410 was for smaller cable companies who didnt want to upgrade their whole infrastructure to digital use this setup. This is when the W5 stuff was on X4 (99W KU Band)

They would install a 30" dish and hook up the 410. Then run the cable line to the cable input.
100-up was the Hits2Home setup and had a guide.

Cable company up by the lake cabin used this at one time. Saw a bunch of old 30" round dishes on folks houses

Shaw Cable was going to do something similar with its smaller rural cable systems using Starchoice at the time. There were going to call it "cable in the sky" or something like that.

I could be wrong but I think the CRTC would not allow their plan due to a conflict of interest as Shaw was a major stakeholder in Starchoice at the time. I know that the CRTC is very adamant that Shaw Cable and Shawdirect are operated as separate entities in terms of customer relations and offers.

The DC-2 guide is set up for multiple systems. In Diag F you can see a d (download dump, the old 4DTV system) n (network, Starchoice & HITS) and r (regional for cable channels)

I sure learned a lot about "cable" and the 410 here! :D

I think that I got this straight:

The small companies provided "cable" through satellite,

and now satellite (4DTV) is provided through a cable company. :facepalm

That 410 is sure versatile!

I am not ready to figure out Primestar yet! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
yep. I sold Primestar back in 95-97 when I worked at Radio Shack. We were a beta store in 95-early 96 and I sold tons of them to Spanish speaking folks with a few simple words

"Univision 24 hours a day" (on the local cable Univision was only on from 6a-6p then it became a PPV movie channel)

primestar was a KU Band subscription service that used old DC I technology

Yeah I am familiar with Primestar! ;)

There were quite a few Primestars in my area. If I remember right they were

marketed as a satellite service and not a "cable" service. The small cable companies

that used to be around were all in small towns and did not venture out of their

urban limits. There are quite a few abandoned Primestars still around but no "cable"

dishes in my area. I grew up without any of that "financy" city TV. All we had was a

local NBC, ABC, CBS, PBS (one of each) and a Canadian station or 2 in the nice

weather. However we had some neat things! In 1977 we did get a VCR and a ATARI

2600! :cool:

Now back to our original Thread! :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)