DSR505 Price Drop on Kusat.com

Just ordered mine up, ordered another 60E along with it (cant have enough dishes you know) I should get it on monday, tuesday at the latest.. God I love KuSat :yes

I also ordered mine, but with 75cm dish option. Since I ordered after their shipping cut-off time, it wont go out til next monday. I got the 3-day UPS shipping, so hopefully it will arrive by Thurday of next week.

I'm glad to be in the SC family now. :yes

I was thinking that I should have done the 75E, but oh well, the 60E is a nice dish too..

Where abouts do you live? The UPS Ground gets here within 2 business days for me (In Southeastern Connecticut) I talked to them today (because of a problem with the credit card) and they said mine would ship today. This was straightened out about 3pm eastern.

ultatryon said:
I was thinking that I should have done the 75E, but oh well, the 60E is a nice dish too..

Where abouts do you live? The UPS Ground gets here within 2 business days for me (In Southeastern Connecticut) I talked to them today (because of a problem with the credit card) and they said mine would ship today. This was straightened out about 3pm eastern.

Near Los Angeles.. where for sure a 75cm is needed minimum.

hmm.. Then yes, I would have done 3 day air too ;) Ground would take a week and a half!

I ordered mine on Sep 7 and they told me they didn't have any in stock at the time. Did anyone else get the same response? My account @ kusat only says "Order Recieved".

I ordered mine on the 9th, and Its here on my desk right now.. you may want to call them, there may be a simple problem

Another thing is, they like to update the order notes in your order, check the Order status email that you received, there is a link to the order.. once you log in, scroll to the bottom and check the notes.

if it has a 0859xxxxxxxxxxxx / 000-0xxxx-xxxxx-xxx, that is your reciever Serial Number and UA number.. and if it says UPS STD, it means it has shipped.

It will also have an AUTH number of some sort, if they charged your card.

Oh yes, and if you put in an alternate address for shipping, they will hold the order for verification. I ran into this problem the first time I ordered from them.. They know me there now.. heh

ultatryon said:
I ordered mine on the 9th, and Its here on my desk right now.. you may want to call them, there may be a simple problem

Another thing is, they like to update the order notes in your order, check the Order status email that you received, there is a link to the order.. once you log in, scroll to the bottom and check the notes.

if it has a 0859xxxxxxxxxxxx / 000-0xxxx-xxxxx-xxx, that is your reciever Serial Number and UA number.. and if it says UPS STD, it means it has shipped.

It will also have an AUTH number of some sort, if they charged your card.

Oh yes, and if you put in an alternate address for shipping, they will hold the order for verification. I ran into this problem the first time I ordered from them.. They know me there now.. heh

I put my order on hold since I also added a diffrent delivery addy (my company's one) so I placed my order on hold. cause now IM looking into the 9200 HD PVR..

Looks to me that is a better machine, specially with dual recordings :D

But most places are OOS :no

expensive mother.. and I dont really like BEVs stance on southern subs.. Since ther DSR530 is also a dual tuner HD PVR, and is only $90CAD more

heck, I even called Starchoice myself on sunday to get my Sunday Ticket working!

I know that Starchoice has MPEG4 in the plans, they advertise the DSR505 and DSR530 as MPEG4 Upgradable (because of the PCMCIA slot on the side), but what about BEV? I would think that the 9200 would be unusuable at that point, much like the 942 will be here.

ultatryon said:
Since ther DSR530 is also a dual tuner HD PVR,

Dual Tuners but It does not record on both tuners at the same time. It can only record on one and you can only watch on the other tuner only while recording..

My main usage will be for the HD content, so all HD transponders are Conus friendly. :yes

For me it's a big plus to record on both tuners..

As far as I know, the 530 CAN record two channels, but you have to watch one of them, or watch another recording. I believe this was introduced in a newer firmware update.

Please note that this is simply my understanding, as I do not have a unit to base my judgement upon.

The Motorola DCT6412 had the same problem originally, but has also since been fixed with a firmware update.

Motorola just likes to get the product to market, and then worries about features later, which gets the hardware in the hands of the customer sooner, but can be frustating for early adopters.

ultatryon said:
As far as I know, the 530 CAN record two channels, but you have to watch one of them, or watch another recording. I believe this was introduced in a newer firmware update.

Please note that this is simply my understanding, as I do not have a unit to base my judgement upon.

The Motorola DCT6412 had the same problem originally, but has also since been fixed with a firmware update.

Motorola just likes to get the product to market, and then worries about features later, which gets the hardware in the hands of the customer sooner, but can be frustating for early adopters.

Hopefully thats the case with the A8 firmware. although I have not seen any comments on that at a diffrent forum that covers all canadian systems.

Ima give the 9200 a try.. I can always sell it on flebay if ti doesnt work out, then go back to the original SC plan :D

ultatryon said:

A8 did not introduce additional features, it simply fixed some of the bugs. SC wants the code stable as they have 40,000 DSR505s to move and they don't want 40,000 more calls of complaint. By keeping the 530 price high (3.5 times the cost of a 505); they are sending a strong "don't buy" now message.

I take from that .. "dont buy the 530" because of its high price

I am currently waiting for my DSR505 to be activated.. It should be done shortly.

From what I can tell, the DSR505 software is identical to the DSR500 in just about all respects.

Iceberg said:
dont buy the 530 or the 505?

SC wants the non DVR code of the DSR530 very stable as they are using it on the 505 and plan to use it on the 500 later this year.

The only 505 issue is DVI handshake issues with some HDTV models.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts