DSR920 Lost Satellites w/ NEW Battery

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rodin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2006
Hi All;
I had sent off our DSR920 in December to have the battery replaced, we paid someone to come and lock on our satellites since we were limited in time, then the power went out this morning, and now we still have a LOT of them, but most importantly, G0 is gone, so I can't get an updated channel map. It's not even listed in the programmable satellite slots. Any suggestions?

It's been a while....
G1 - Channel 3, then a Softboot? - Powerdown, unplug power for 5 minutes, reconnect power and walk away for 30 minutes or so.

Sorry, I forgot it was G1, not G0.. However, G1 is also missing from the list, but I do have G5, so I tried the TP10, and it just comes up analog static, doesn't show it as a digicipher transponder.

Rodin-

I thought replacing the battery was supposed to preserve the channel map when power goes out?

I have been meaning to replace mine but never got around to it, last fall the batteries still checked good and I have the new ones to solder in. One thing for anyone replacing batteries- leave the old ones in until after the new are installed then clip out the old ones. There should be a spot on the boards for both the 920 and 922 models to add the new batteries.

Lak7- Are you sure its G1? Haven't done map update for a long time I was thinking it was a different satellite.

That's what it is "Supposed" to do, but this case it appears the mappings just went foobar, because most all the sats are listed. Either way, G0 & G1 are missing. I manually added G1 as CE, found ARTS on TP5, then changed to TP3, but I doubt it will update the maps, unplugged and waiting to plug back in.. I hope it does.

After MANY hours of trying to get it remapped, I was able to put it on AMC 10 TP 14, then it downloaded a partial channel map, G0 and G1 reappeared, moved it over to G1, parked on TP3. Unplugged, now letting it get the full map again.. Whew!

Lak7-

Just looked at my notes and it is G1 for the updates. Or at least that was the satellite two years ago. But I thought they changed it?

Does anyone know if Carolyn Martins is still with NPS? That was the person I talked to last for info on channel updates, but that was a few years back.

After MANY hours of trying to get it remapped, I was able to put it on AMC 10 TP 14, then it downloaded a partial channel map, G0 and G1 reappeared, moved it over to G1, parked on TP3. Unplugged, now letting it get the full map again.. Whew!

Have you checked your unit ID to see if it is still valid? When my 920 died (lost it's unit ID) a couple months ago, the first sign of trouble was when all of the satellites disappeared.. I hope that your 920's unit ID is still valid.

Status
Please reply by conversation.