DTV and Dish on one-

poopsie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 12, 2004
Well, we have Dish right now and I am very happy with it. We are running one 301 and one 522 so a total of three lines. Problem is, we don't get locals and I don't want to put up a Superdish (Apartment is allowing me to put my dish on the corner of the building on the other side). I decided to get DTV for locals until our dish contract runs out, but just need one box. The wife gave the OK and it looks like a fun project :) Here is my question, will a DP34 work in this setup? Initially the diagram had a sw21, but I need more then one dishnet running. I have attached the diagram that I downloaded and modified a bit. THanks! Poopsie

P.S. This is the Para Todos dish conversion that I am using...

Attachments

• D6A.gif
    D6A.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 252
So use another powered multi switch instead of the DP34 for a total of 2 multi switches in the setup?

If you only need 1 DirecTV box how come you have 4 in your diagram?

You should really only need 1 multiswitch (granted a big one)

It needs a 3 sat, a/b inputs (so all lnbs need to be dual, and 2 cables for each sat in the multiswitch)

And the it looks like you need 4 outputs (1 D*, 1 for the 301, 2 for the 522)

Attachments

• setup.bmp
    35.5 KB · Views: 177
You CANNOT use a D* receiver with ANY DishPro switches. You will HAVE to have a seperate dish. In some cases, you CAN use an old D* plus dish with seperate LNBS and run D* and E* receiver off of it, but you will NOT beable to share the 110 with D* since they use a special LNB for the 110 that is NOT compatible with E*'s systems. You would need an SW44 switch and a D* 4x4 switch, and you would have to use 2 power BLOCKING splitters on the 119 and make sure you have the voltages correct when using the switches. This can get fairly complicated.

I understand that I cannot use the DP stuff with DTV. But, can the DP34 switch be used with the DTV Para Todos dish (Sep. LNB's)? Or does the DP34 only work with DishPro dishes?

The DP34 can only be used with DishPro LNB's. Hence the DP34. Dish uses SW for Legacy switches.
The DP34 can be used with the Para Toros Dish, as long as ALL the LNB's connected to the DP34 are DishPro, which means you can't share 119 on the dish, along with 110 (which can't be shared for other reasons).

poopsie said:
I understand that I cannot use the DP stuff with DTV. But, can the DP34 switch be used with the DTV Para Todos dish (Sep. LNB's)? Or does the DP34 only work with DishPro dishes?
Dish Pro "D" shaped LNBs won't fit on the para todos dish it uses retangular shaped LNBs. Why not just get the Directv system upto 4 FREE for a new customer and just pay DISH until your commitment expires. Or if the penalty is less just cancel and pay. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts