DTV Converter box with built in RF modulator

adampahl

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Does anyone know if a converter box with a built in rf modulator exists? (composite inputs not just outputs). I've done a lot of looking with no luck. I can't believe this does'nt exist, there must be thousands of people who need a converter box and rf modulator hooked in tandem to support a dvd player or other devices. I've heard you can buy a DVR with with DTV tuner to do this but that is more than I am willing to spend and probably would not be a valid use of the $40 coupon. Anyone else have any sugestions?? Thanks

I don't know of a DTV converter box that dosen't have a CH3/4 modulator built in. I believe that was one of the requirements for coupon eligibility. There are some that don't have composite cable outputs. None have inputs other than antenna.
You could get something like a RCA CRF907 modulator and use it with a converter box and a DVD player that would automatically switch to the DVD player when it sensed a signal.

(none have inputs other than antenna) This is what i am talking about. Why don't they make one with composite inputs that will modulate the signal and send it out with the OTA channels through the coaxial cable???????

Extra costs for a product in little demand. You're actually looking for a product other than a ATSC converter or CECB.

Your friendly neighborhood content provider does not want you to be able to record and retransmit their perfect digital picture, it's called DRM (digital rights management).

what?

I don't get why DRM has anything to do with combining a rf modulator and a dtv converter box into one product.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)