DTV customer questions on Dish

tim ocallaghan

Original poster
Oct 21, 2016
rochester mn
1. Is there any way to TRY DISH without signing up for 2 Years ( I hate that they can promise features/functions but you have no way to kick the tires and confirm they work...here are my questions)

2. With DTV, I had a GenieGo ...while it was very problematic, I could watch DTV recordings on my PC, phone or tablet...but had to reconfigure all the time..or I'd be away from home and it wouldn't work...they recently dropped the GenieGo which dropped the PC function which is HUGE, and if I access via the tablet, sometimes I will get the recorded show and other times will be presented w VOD (video on demand)..which is a PITA due to commercials.....or it won't work at all....or I will be watching a football game and I wont be able to grab slider and skip over commercials or it will take 3 mins to refresh if it lets me

what I want is PCAnywhere that WORKS
1. I want to watch on PC and reliably watch ANY show on my recorder, pause it, skip over commercials EASILY and QUICKLY and have it JUST WORK.....
2. same for ipad
3. use my phone while driving and play a show over cellular from my DVR (just to hear of course).
4. be able to stop and resume either
5. Be able to USE out side of home without headaches

On Hopper3 or Joey be able to search for shows and find them....so many times w DTV, it wont find things.
example... I put in debate and it didn't show Presidential debate that was 2 days away ...or US Open was going on and searching for that did not present anything meaningful.

Thanks for any help....sorry if these questions have been answered elsewhere.

And with the Hopper and a supported tablet/phone, you can copy recordings to the tablet/phone. I know it works for iOS (Apple), not sure with Android. Very handy and works very well.

Any comments on PC ? I've seen a lot of negative stuff about it not working in this browser or that browser ....do the recordings always show up and are playable...do you have to wait for it to complete ?

Tim, don't forget that you could add a Slingbox to a DIRECTV receiver and be able to stream from your STB's using that if you'd prefer to not switch.

Tim, Dish Anywhere has been working pretty well lately on my PC. I use Firefox the most and occasionally use edge. No big problems with either browser with windows 10. The only issue now is that recordings made using PTAT do not show up in the list of recorded programs, however they do show up in the "prime time anytime" list. The recordings are playable while they are recording, however sometimes you have to wait a couple of minutes for the recording to show up in the list.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts