DTV DVR to Hopper

usersrdum

Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
New Hopper w/sling install yesterday coming from DTV. Love it so far. Very fast and everything works great. 6 hour and 45 min install :eek:

Two things I can't find and miss with Hopper:
1) Does the Hopper have a Double Play feature like DTV. (switch between 2 channels with ability to pause each?)
2) Does the Guide have the ability to jump to date? I read in the manual that hitting the 30 sec skip moves you a day ahead, but It only moves 4 hours for me.

Thanks

Welcome aboard the Dish train! :)

1. The Hopper has a true PIP that will do what you want. My son uses it all the time. The control is at the bottom of the remote.

2. I don't think you can jump to date, but you can jump one day at a time with the other 'forward' button on the remote. Can't remember which one jumps 3 hours and which jumps a day.

Welcome aboard the Dish train! :)

1. The Hopper has a true PIP that will do what you want. My son uses it all the time. The control is at the bottom of the remote.

2. I don't think you can jump to date, but you can jump one day at a time with the other 'forward' button on the remote. Can't remember which one jumps 3 hours and which jumps a day.

Yeah I played around with the PIP and maybe I missed something. You have to have both channels up at the same time correct? The way DTV work was almost like a "recall" button with the ability to pause before switching. I'd rather be able to do the PIP switching but in Full screen mode. Possible?

And on the Guide your saying that the regular FF button does day and the Skip does hours? (Not home to test)

Yes, it is possible as my son claims to do it all the time - it is pip swap.

I don't use it as I find PIP irritating. I have enough trouble paying attention during one show, let alone 2!! :)

I use a universal remote, so I had to get the Dish Hopper remote.

Note at the bottom of the remote, you have 3 buttons. Note the 'swap' button. If you push that button, you will 'swap' tuners in full screen. And you can pause and start to your hearts content!! :)

As to the skip in the guide. Yes, one does 3 hours, one does one day. Don't remember which is which though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts