• dtv green dish

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • recycled old dish

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

dtvdude

Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
Hello everyone anyone thinking about bying the Xium dish crap. don't waste your money. The dish that comes with it is just for looks and they use marketing to make a one time sale then your sh*t outta luck when you try to return it. There is a new company in miam florida called DTV Green Dish. they are green because they recycle old sat dishes and convert them to hd tv antenna for your local broadcast. unlike Xium Bullsh!t. the antenna uses the dish to radiate the beam toward muliple towers in LOS and beyond. currrently we get 43 digital channels from homestead to west palm beach. The antennas radiate big time so if you or anyone has a pace maker, don't handle the antenna while the power is on. It's being sold to small test groups and from what I here, everyone who bought one in different zipcodes are saying it works as they expected it. Florida is very flat and is ideal for receiving towers as far as 114 miles away. The concept is if you have an unused sat dish,you can buy theconversion kit online soon once its up and running. you have to find dead center on your dish the drill two hole and mount the array that is highly amplified for farthur stations. I know someone who is in the test group and all the channels come in at 77% to 92% signal meter. It also has a no questions asked money back gaurantee because even the best antennas run into problems when you have lots of terrain. look out for this you are among the first to here about this new invention to get multiple dtv channels. i sneaked a copy at a trade show of the brochure.
anyone interested in getting a copy can ask on this post and i'll send it to you. This is the real sh*t and i'm gettin mine when it makes it's debut in feb,2009 to coincide with the transition. take care yall

dtv green dish

i saw it at a trade show inmiami the rep used a compass then a signal meter, he then attached an hd tv and he found 28 channels from in side the building.
they warned anyone with pace makers to please step back 50 feet away cause the damn thing radiates a beam to reach the tv signals every body there signed up for the test group.

Before you make glorius praise about a non existant product wait for it to come to market. It maybe reality but it sounds like 99% BS.

i saw it at a trade show inmiami the rep used a compass then a signal meter, he then attached an hd tv and he found 28 channels from in side the building.
they warned anyone with pace makers to please step back 50 feet away cause the damn thing radiates a beam to reach the tv signals every body there signed up for the test group.

Sounds like a typical carnival type scam. They likely had a top quality rooftop antenna pre-setup and - well - they hand is quicker than the eye.

dtv green dish

No, I know they did n't use an out door antenna cause it was in the middle of this huge hanger, and the antenna dish was mounted with screws on the table and he had a 6 foot cable i saw him connect to the tv that was about 12 inches away. and then he pluged the antenna power injector to an orange ext cord. There were many other skeptics there to who did check for other wires coming in. it worked the way they said. I've been a ham radio guy for 20 years. the design is practical and I know why it works. They used 2 dipole elements with capacitive hats, and the distance from the reflector plate was on the money. if he would have said, like Xium did, " the antenna is omindirectional, I know that it's bull sh*t because dishes are very directional. i looked very close at the antenna and realized they have combined industry methods that are usually stand alone and actually made something that works. for example, the dipoles are well known and polarized vertically, the capacitive hats,another industry tequnique makes the dipoles behave like 30-80% longer elements, combine that with an inline amp, dish, you now have a powerful antenna military style for 45 to 900mhz. It's the real thing yall I was at a loss for words cause what they did was make an antenna on roids. if you want to know why it works l can explain antenna theory. it would be snake oil if they say it recieves more than 70 miles because after 70 miles to the horizon, the earth's curviture begines to drop away from the signal which means you'd need more hieght. they said the distance for uhf was about 70miles and 30 for vhf. which would be correct. the other thing is that all digital channels will be in uhf hence the distance is correct and, uhf refracts much better than vhf allowing you to receive channels as far as 120 because of tropospheric changes.

With a small active element like that, using a capacitive hat, it should be very narrow in bandwidth. Unless it is actively tuned (perhaps using the RCA DTV converter that has a connection for a "smart antenna") I am not sure how they can claim a bandwidth from 45-900 mHz.

It shouldn't be too hard to make a UHF antenna from a large-ish satellite dish. Radio Shack used to make a dish-shaped UHF antenna until the early 90's, and it was one of the best for deep fringe areas.

A DBS satellite dish is much too small to have much effect from reflection ot a driven element.

Do you remember the old Channel Master UHF dish antennas, they were 6 ft in diameter with a gain of around 18dBi. A DBS dish might approach 10dBi if it's perfectly set up, but the geometry varies for each channel so there will be sweet spots and not-so-sweet spots.

The claims for this DTVGreen Dish are well out of proportion to reality.

I want to know how an antenna, receiving a signal, creates a beam that can trouble pacemakers nearby. If signal is coming out of the antenna, that sounds more like a design flaw to me, than a feature.

I look forward to examining the website for this product, to find out how it all works.

the guy was just joking at the trade show it's safe, i was quoting the joke. it works i have one and i don't regret buying it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)