Dual Mode weak UHF signal

bwil5030

Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
Georgia
I have a dual mode satelite system where two TVs work off the same receiver; however, the second TV has stopped responding to the remote because the UHF signal from the other TV is too weak. Dish Network suggests getting a cable at least six feet long and installing the UHF antenna on the wall over the TV. My old dual receiver did not have this problem, and the two TVs are in the same rooms as before installing the new HD receiver. How do I solve this weak signal problem?

If it's truly a weak signal, then Dish's advice is solid. Hook a coax to the remote antenna jack, with the antenna attached to the other end. Run the coax all the way to the TV2 room, if necessary.

If it's truly a weak signal, then Dish's advice is solid. Hook a coax to the remote antenna jack, with the antenna attached to the other end. Run the coax all the way to the TV2 room, if necessary.

Better yet...install a splitter behind the receiver combining the ant out and tv2 out to the diplexer (if there is one there!), and install a second splitter at the remote tv along with the ant from the receiver. If there's no diplexer, you can still use the two splitters. Remote will work smoothly :)

Better yet...install a splitter behind the receiver combining the ant out and tv2 out to the diplexer (if there is one there!), and install a second splitter at the remote tv along with the ant from the receiver. If there's no diplexer, you can still use the two splitters. Remote will work smoothly :)

Agreed. I've used this many times and it works brilliantly. However, in my house I do have a six foot cable with the UHF antenna mounted above the TV. It seems the TV caused interference when it was on. So I can attest both methods work.