Dual tuner question

glowrdr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
I'm at work and can't check myself - but I've got a quick question.

I have convinced a co-worker of the benefits of DN vs Comcast. He made the switch yesterday.

Well, the installer told him that with the dual tuner, you can watch 2 shows, or record 2 shows. But once a TV is recording something - it is locked. I guess he showed my coworker how this worked.

I could swear that I record 2 shows and watch a prerecorded show all the time. I'm 100% positive of that actually. Can anyone confirm this though? And is this only possible with TV1? I never use TV2, so I can't say that I have ever tried to watch a DVR recording in the basement while i was recording 2 other shows.

Thanks guys

I'm at work and can't check myself - but I've got a quick question.

I have convinced a co-worker of the benefits of DN vs Comcast. He made the switch yesterday.

Well, the installer told him that with the dual tuner, you can watch 2 shows, or record 2 shows. But once a TV is recording something - it is locked. I guess he showed my coworker how this worked.

I could swear that I record 2 shows and watch a prerecorded show all the time. I'm 100% positive of that actually. Can anyone confirm this though? And is this only possible with TV1? I never use TV2, so I can't say that I have ever tried to watch a DVR recording in the basement while i was recording 2 other shows.

Thanks guys

On any dual tuner receiver you can record 2 shows and watch a previous recorded show on any TV hooked up. If you have an antenna hooked up you can record up to 4 shows at once, depending on you receiver, and watch a previous recording. i do it all the time. You can also watch the show that is recording on TV2 on TV1 by waiting till it starts recording and go to TV1 and hit the DVR button and start watching it as a recording. Only diff is TV2 is SD and TV1 is HD but the recording on TV2 is in HD if you watch it on TV1. Hope I did not confuse you

I got it - thanks. That sounds about right for what was in my mind. I guess I'm not sure what was "shown" to him, or why it didn't work when he was getting the walk-through. I wonder if they were just showing him that he couldn't change the channel or something. Oh well - at least I'm not crazy.

I got it - thanks. That sounds about right for what was in my mind. I guess I'm not sure what was "shown" to him, or why it didn't work when he was getting the walk-through. I wonder if they were just showing him that he couldn't change the channel or something. Oh well - at least I'm not crazy.

Thats probably what they were saying but did not say it right. Also make sure it is set to dual mode. that will make a difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)