Dual Tuner Receivers (Remote #2) Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sat Monkey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 25, 2008
Wausau, WI
Has anyone had a problem with remote #2 on dual tuners?

I'm finding if you don't change the remote address for #2 from address 1 to something else, I get the program info will pop up for no reason.

Has anyone seen this happen?

Thanks for the input.

Monkey

When using remote #2, I find that sometimes random things (i.e. program info, help screens) will pop up. I think it's because I'm at the limit for signal range on the remote. If I point the remote in the right direction and the wind is just right, the pop-ups don't happen.

For some reason, when my receiver (DP625) doesn't understand a UHF code, the info box pops up. it happens regardless of remote code, and kind of randomly. I know if I pigtail the remote I can probably fix this, but it happens rarely enough for me that I'm not gonna bother.

The low down

I got my answer today from dish net tech support.

On a 522 and a 625, remote #2 MUST be changed to an address higher than 3.

Im not sure of the reason for this, but thats what tech support told me.

Doing so will stop these weird pop ups.

Go figure.

Monkey

nooope...
My 625 remote 2 is set to address #8 and I still get those pop ups. Like Fury said, it happens more when the receiver is barely reading the remote signal. I want to say most of this started upon the arrival of L468 software.

It Sounds like 1 of f 2 things, change the batteries, weak batteries make UHF PPRO remotes act quirky, the other option would be UHF interference, I would reccomend a pigtail of possibly even a uhf backfeed solution

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)