Dual tuners and diplexers.........

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

telecaster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 20, 2004
I am about to install a dual tuner......either a 522 or 322 and was wondering if someone would explain how to use diplexers for the backfeed.

Thanks !

diplexers are of good use when all of the wiring is centralized (ie the same room) say you have 2 lines running in from the dish to the garage. Say your house is already wired for cable and the entry point is in the garage. you run the 2 wires from the garage to the 522. on either wire you install a diplexer on either end (with the apropriate power passing sides of course. in the garage you hook the non powered side into the hosues cable and now any tv hooked up to the house's cable will fnction as the 522's tv 2.

this just makes it so you dont have to run a third line.

Say the house is not wired at all.Should i run 2 lines from the dish directly to the 522.Then use a diplexer rite where the 2 wires enter the house and run my back feed line from there.
That way i would not have to bring a line all the way back out of the house from the 522??

Thanks

That would be personal preference. I cannot tell you enough how having everythign centralized has helped me. this would work fine for ya if this is what you want.

I dont have any diplexers in my system because its easy to walk under my house. but everything is centralized where it enters/exits to about a 3 cubic foot area. phone cable, sat, everything. Hope this helps

Ok.
Now i am just tryin to figure out exactly how to wire this up.
Take one of the 2 sat feeds that is coming in the house to the 522 and run it to the in/out of the diplexer.
Then on the satellite in/out of the diplexer would go to one of the sat inputs on the 522 and the tv in/out of the diplexer would go to the tv 2 output on the 522 ??
Is this right so far???

the best way would be to keep your 322 at your distribution area and get a 2nd tv2 uhf pro remote to operate tv1 and use your existing wiring

msarback said:
the best way would be to keep your 322 at your distribution area and get a 2nd tv2 uhf pro remote to operate tv1 and use your existing wiring

Yes ,but there is no existing wiring.

And that's where I'm not understanding why you would want to diplex. Diplexers are useful, but it's almost always better to not use them.

Where is the TV2 feed gotta go? If it's on the same path as the 2 satellite feeds, then a diplexer saves you from running an extra line. If the second TV is 'elsewhere', they don't help at all.

Please give us the house/dish/whatever layout.

SimpleSimon said:
And that's where I'm not understanding why you would want to diplex. Diplexers are useful, but it's almost always better to not use them.

Where is the TV2 feed gotta go? If it's on the same path as the 2 satellite feeds, then a diplexer saves you from running an extra line. If the second TV is 'elsewhere', they don't help at all.

Please give us the house/dish/whatever layout.

Ok thanks .
But do i have the right idea on the actual wiring it up in the post up above?

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts