Dueling remotes wanted for 522

120inna55

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Athens, Texas, United States
My parents have a 522 in "single-user" mode. They want to be able to use both remotes on the same receiver. They do not intend to ever use it in "shared-user" mode. How do I program remote 2 to operate the receiver the same way remote 1 does?

Sheesh...that's an inarticulate post....I'm not awake, yet, but I hope you understand what I'm talking about.

I believe there are a couple ways you can do this.

1. You can make the TV2 remote into a TV1 remote. The Blue tab on the end of the remote (with the "2" on it), can be pulled off revealing a green "1" on its underside. Pushing the tab back into the remote with the green "1" side up will effectively make it a TV1 remote. It flips a switch inside the remote to use IR instead of UHF when you press the buttons.

*or*

2. I believe you can also turn on "shared view" (not to be confused with "shared-user" aka Dual-Mode). That makes both TV outputs show the same thing, and may allow both remotes to work with TV1. I'm not 100% sure of this one, so somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

- Gunner Joe

I forgot to mention you have to remove the battery cover first before you can pull the tab out. It doesn't come off very easily, but it slides out the same direction that the battery cover comes off.

GunnerJoe said:
1. You can make the TV2 remote into a TV1 remote. The Blue tab on the end of the remote (with the "2" on it), can be pulled off revealing a green "1" on its underside. Pushing the tab back into the remote with the green "1" side up will effectively make it a TV1 remote. It flips a switch inside the remote to use IR instead of UHF when you press the buttons.

- Gunner Joe

Thanks. That worked perfectly!

Your welcome. I just got the chance tried it out myself. It only worked for me if I also had the remotes programmed to the same address.

#2 in my earlier post also works. Go to Menu->System Info (6) ->Shared View(2) and enable it. Then remote 2 can control TV1 in the Single Mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts