Dueling Remotes

sprinklerguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 16, 2003
Well I am very happy with my two receiver set up on my RPTV....the 811 is performing quite well in Hd and the 508 is still great in SD......one small problem.

When I go into picture and picture mode....811 on one side...508 on the other.....the remote for the 508 also changes the darn channel on the 811.
I thought they were different types of remotes....anyone else have this problem?

Short of moving the two receivers far far away from each other....is there a solution?

Thanks,

sprinklerguy said:
Well I am very happy with my two receiver set up on my RPTV....the 811 is performing quite well in Hd and the 508 is still great in SD......one small problem.

When I go into picture and picture mode....811 on one side...508 on the other.....the remote for the 508 also changes the darn channel on the 811.
I thought they were different types of remotes....anyone else have this problem?

Short of moving the two receivers far far away from each other....is there a solution?

Thanks,

Change the remote address on one of the remotes. They are probably both on address 1. Look in your manual to see how it is done. It is very simple.

ROLLTIDE said:
Don't have a manual.

OK, Tide, my 811 had a manual in the box it came in, so here are the instructions:

Change the Address
When you receive your system, your remote control and receiver have been set to communicate on address 1. However, because UHF signals travel long distances and go through walls, a neighbor's UHF Pro remote could control your receiver by mistake if they are on the same address. To handle this problem, you can change the address on your remote control and receiver as follows:

1. Press SYS INFO button on the receiver's front panel. The System Information screen displays and shows the Remote Address.
Write down this address:____________

2. Press and hold the SAT button on your remote control for about three seconds, until all of the mode buttons light up, and then let go of the SAT button.

3. Use the NUMBER PAD buttons to enter any number between 1 and 16, but not the one you wrote down in step 1.
Write down the number you entered:_________

4. Press the POUND (#) button. If you entered the address correctly, The SAT mode will flash three times.

5. Press the RECORD button.
Note : Make sure the Remote Address you see on the System Information screen is the same as the one you entered in step 3. If it isn't, the remote cannot control the receiver.

6. Press the SELECT button to close the System Information screen.

Bobby said:
OK, Tide, my 811 had a manual in the box it came in, so here are the instructions:

Change the Address
When you receive your system, your remote control and receiver have been set to communicate on address 1. However, because UHF signals travel long distances and go through walls, a neighbor's UHF Pro remote could control your receiver by mistake if they are on the same address. To handle this problem, you can change the address on your remote control and receiver as follows:

1. Press SYS INFO button on the receiver's front panel. The System Information screen displays and shows the Remote Address.
Write down this address:____________

2. Press and hold the SAT button on your remote control for about three seconds, until all of the mode buttons light up, and then let go of the SAT button.

3. Use the NUMBER PAD buttons to enter any number between 1 and 16, but not the one you wrote down in step 1.
Write down the number you entered:_________

4. Press the POUND (#) button. If you entered the address correctly, The SAT mode will flash three times.

5. Press the RECORD button.
Note : Make sure the Remote Address you see on the System Information screen is the same as the one you entered in step 3. If it isn't, the remote cannot control the receiver.

6. Press the SELECT button to close the System Information screen.

And of course, now that I have taken the time to type the instructions, verbatim (with a little edit to make it correct) from my manual, a little search of the archives would give you the same information. As one of our esteemed members likes to say, "The search button is your friend Newbies...."