Dumb question, but I just want to confirm I didn't screw myself

dkh7m

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2007
I'm moving in two weeks. I called Dish (via Embarq) today to move my service. While I was at it, I went ahead and upgraded to the TurboHD Bronze package. Thing is, I don't currently have an HDTV and probably won't until at least December. Will I still be able to watch the VIP 722 on my SDTV? I assume since the TV2 output is SD the answer is yes, but I just want to make sure that the HD shows I watch will be viewable and just down-converted for the non-HD outputs. Also, since I got an HD package but don't have an HDTV, will I still have to pay the $7/mo. HD enabling fee? Or is that only if you have an HD receiver but no HD package?

I'm moving in two weeks. I called Dish (via Embarq) today to move my service. While I was at it, I went ahead and upgraded to the TurboHD Bronze package. Thing is, I don't currently have an HDTV and probably won't until at least December. Will I still be able to watch the VIP 722 on my SDTV?
Yes. It has both SD and HD outputs for both TV1 and TV2. The SD outputs are showing "downconverted" versions of the HD channels, and normal versions of the SD channels.
I assume since the TV2 output is SD the answer is yes, but I just want to make sure that the HD shows I watch will be viewable and just down-converted for the non-HD outputs. Also, since I got an HD package but don't have an HDTV, will I still have to pay the $7/mo. HD enabling fee? Or is that only if you have an HD receiver but no HD package?
That fee is only if you have an HD receiver but no HD package. Since you have an HD package, you won't have to pay the fee (you're paying $10 for the HD channels...with an HD box you either pay the $7 fee or the $10 fee and get the HD channels...it's an either/or thing).

thanks. that's what i thought, but i wanted to verify so that i won't get yelled at by the wifey b/c she can't watch heroes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)