Dumb question I apologize in advance

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
Dumb questions I apologize in advance

I am sure these questions have been addressed before however I dont know the answers. Will the 522 ever be made available to current customers. I have aep plus locals. Is picture quality better on the recorders than the standard 301? Will Dish finnally get all the software bugs out of it.

I have noticed NO DIFFERENCE in picture quality.

Since my 522 was RMA'd a few weeks ago for being FUBAR(screen freeze), I have not had any of the guide/timer issues that others have.(yet)

At some point Dish will chuck the 522 bone out for everyone who is an existing customer for upgrade. Right now they are using the DVR and 2 TV in one to entice new customers.

They want to be sure to have enough to get newbies hooked into a contract where they are guaranteed revenue rather than sell a unit to an existing someone with AT60 who would take 4 or 5 yrs to show a marginal profit.

Its all about $$$.

Mark_AR said:
They want to be sure to have enough to get newbies hooked into a contract where they are guaranteed revenue rather than sell a unit to an existing someone with AT60 who would take 4 or 5 yrs to show a marginal profit.

Its all about $$$.

I thought that new DHA subs, which is the only way to get a 522, don't have any contract commitment.

GaryPen said:
I thought that new DHA subs, which is the only way to get a 522, don't have any contract commitment.

Maybe the Newest newbies don't, but I signed up back in January. I have a 1 yr commitment.

Plus my installer said something about a 280 day chargeback if you cancel brfore 9 months. E* charges the installer back, not the customer.

E* is even screwing their independent contractors. :shocked

Mark_AR said:
Maybe the Newest newbies don't, but I signed up back in January. I have a 1 yr commitment.

Plus my installer said something about a 280 day chargeback if you cancel brfore 9 months. E* charges the installer back, not the customer.

E* is even screwing their independent contractors. :shocked
I signed up in Feb but wasn't "activated" until sometime in March.... It was "no contract" when I inquired with them and their website through February.

As for some contract between you and the installer, that's not a Dish issue. I ordered directly from Dish... I do understand the benefits of having "local" support though.

No contract here either, no cancel charges too.
Just have to send LNBs and Rx back to them with DHA service.

It is a great package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts