Dumb Satellite Question ref. Voom

kpeercy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
I have an 811 and a Dish 500 system pointed at 110. I went into the signal strength portion of the menu, switched from 110 to 61.5 and got the same signal strength (although 61.5 didn't lock). Does this mean I can get the 61.5 channels with my current dish and not have to buy a new one?

the reason it didn't lock was because it was still registering either your 119 or 110 signal. and your dish 500 is pointed at 110 and 119 . Get another Dish, by the way 61.5 you will pointing that dish SE to SSE depending on where you are

There is no way I'm paying Dish another $100 for another dish and an additional $5 for the Voom channels. I would have probably paid the monthly add on, but they are not suckering me into another $100 installation. This announcement was ridiculous in my opinion. More HD channels that the vast majority of HD customers can't receive without expensive extra equipment. That's a complete rip off!

dish with lnb and switch needed to do this actually costs dish more than $100 plus it costs anywhere between 75 and 100 dollars for someone to come out and install it. How are they suckering you?

Dish Dude said:
dish with lnb and switch needed to do this actually costs dish more than $100 plus it costs anywhere between 75 and 100 dollars for someone to come out and install it. How are they suckering you?

Everybody wants something for nothing.

bookwalk said:
Why, then, are the other dishes free to new subscribers--i.e. the Dish 500, another dish for locals????

There are always deals for new subscribers. If every deal for new subsribers were offered to existing customers, you could never make any money.

also if they are setting up a 61.5 dish and it is not needed for locals or anything else other than wanting to pick up the new HD they will pay for that on top of their installation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts