Dumb Teenager fried #2 Remote????

drizler

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2005
Gawd kids are dumb. My kid dumped some sort of energy drink on her remote and now its undoubtedly kaput. Yea I cracked it open and let it dry by the fire like I have done with the cell phones before but she must have pushed the buttons and fried it. SSSSSSSOOOOOOOO, I now have a 522 in need of a new #2 RF remote. I see they are all over ebay but don't see mention of whether its a ! or 2 and I see no switch yet the pull tab will set for either. For an all round fixer its even got me confused. So Just exactly which one am I looking for while I shop the net for used workables? Anybody looking for a tvless pissed off kid, you have to provide car. 17 and much too "pretty" do do much of anything but hang out!!!!!!

You need a 6.0 or a 6.2 or a 6.3. Dish has made available 6.2/6.3 replacement kits, which come preloaded with blue #2 key. Find one of those 3 and you are OK.

Gawd kids are dumb. My kid dumped some sort of energy drink on her remote and now its undoubtedly kaput. Yea I cracked it open and let it dry by the fire like I have done with the cell phones before but she must have pushed the buttons and fried it. SSSSSSSOOOOOOOO, I now have a 522 in need of a new #2 RF remote. I see they are all over ebay but don't see mention of whether its a ! or 2 and I see no switch yet the pull tab will set for either. For an all round fixer its even got me confused. So Just exactly which one am I looking for while I shop the net for used workables? Anybody looking for a tvless pissed off kid, you have to provide car. 17 and much too "pretty" do do much of anything but hang out!!!!!!
I have one living at home also but she is 23 years old and going to grad school. They seem to get worse has they get older, always criticizing the way her Mother and I live, but I would'nt get rid of her for the world.:up

Larrykay,

My oldest son remarked to me the other day how much SMARTER I've gotten in my old age. It dawns on me that he is actually beginning to realize I am RIGHT! heheheh:D

..... and now back to your regularly scheduled program.......

They seem to get worse has they get older, always criticizing the way her Mother and I live, but I would'nt get rid of her for the world.:up

Next time just tell her that at least you don't live at home with your parents. She's sponging. There is a thing called a job that you get so you can afford to pay for things. :D :eek:

That'll shut her up, and maybe give her incentive to GTFO. 23 is a little long in the tooth to be living at home.

I was gone at 16, I "inherited" a mobile home from my uncle. I turned 18 during phase 2 of boot camp at Camp Pendleton. Wouldn't change a thing except maybe the MOS I signed up for.

Larrykay,

My oldest son remarked to me the other day how much SMARTER I've gotten in my old age. It dawns on me that he is actually beginning to realize I am RIGHT! heheheh:D

..... and now back to your regularly scheduled program.......

Ha! That reminds me of an old Mark Twain quote: "When I was 14 my father was so ignorant I could barely stand to have him around. By the time I turned 21 I was amazed at how much the old man had learned" (paraphrasing)

I am glad I am not alone with the kid thing. Mine has been bothering hell out of me about this the last few days. Now this afternoon she gets out of school early and is all pissed off because I sent her to get the snow tires on her car before she trugged off to her part time horse training job. Unbelievable, I scrounge her a set of Nokkia snow tires, pay for them to put on the car I bought for her last summer. I guess I should have forgone the repairs on my car tying it up and plowing the 950 foot drive way so she doesn't have to take the bus all 4 miles to school in the morning which she has done exactly once in the last 11 years. Gee whiz mr wizzard and on top of that I get to do a double shift midnight till 4pm tomorrow. My only hope is that she can make it out to go where ever she is going tomorrow when they close the schools since I will be unable to come home to plow. I live to serve. Whats that line Burgess Meradith uses in Grumpy old men. Kids, can't live with em, can't kill em.

Hmmm... This relationship seems to be somewhat damaged. Does she criticize you as much as you do her?

Oh, I'm guessing she does. You just wait until she gets a little older. I'm 25 now and every girl I date (usually low to mid 20s) seems to know about as much as the one you are talking about.

Since you had it apart, did you try cleaning the board and rubber keypad contact pads with alcohol ? Denatured alcohol is best, but rubbing will work. Let it dry and reassemble. Since it is dead anyway, you got nothing to loose.

I know I have resurrected several remotes that seemed to have stuck keys. Energy drinks are high in sugar, and liquid sugar = death to electronics.

Next time just tell her that at least you don't live at home with your parents. She's sponging. There is a thing called a job that you get so you can afford to pay for things. :D :eek:

That'll shut her up, and maybe give her incentive to GTFO. 23 is a little long in the tooth to be living at home.

I was gone at 16, I "inherited" a mobile home from my uncle. I turned 18 during phase 2 of boot camp at Camp Pendleton. Wouldn't change a thing except maybe the MOS I signed up for.

Well thats just the thing, I'm glad she didnt leave home when she was 16 and she'll probably inherit a $300,000 dollar home from me when I'm gone. As for going to Camp Pendleton I dont think so. Thats why shes going for her Masters, Wants to work for Naval Intelligence. Seems to me that would be a wonderful MOS
Semper Fi !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts