Dunn traded to Diamondbacks

Let's see your happy dance brainfry!!!!

Let's see your happy dance brainfry!!!!

Already doing the happy dance. When they get rid of Baker and Freel, I'll add cartwheels. :up:up:up

People who do not follow the Reds and are either criticizing or laughing at this move do not understand that this was the right move. Dunn was going to walk (no pun intended) after this year, and I don't know what kind of compensation they would have gotten. All the criticisms of Dunn, and they are well-documented, are true. The problem with the Reds is that they have too many laid-back guys on the team, and they are sorely in need of clutch hitters. Somehow, some way, they need to get guys that can hit with RISP--Encarnacion and Keppinger are the only ones now that fit that bill, and they have other limitations. The Reds as a whole need to get away from the mentality that home runs are the only way to score. You just can't win that way.

Dunn will work out better in a place where he is the only player like himself. Arizona may be a good fit for him, because he will be a unique player in their lineup. If Arizona can surround his spot in the order with guys that can hit for a good average, even if they don't have a lot of power, he won't get pitched around too badly.

Someone needs to get inside Dunn's head and convince him that it is better to swing at a pitch that is not perfect and just get a single. It helps the team. He would rather chance taking a borderline pitch for a third strike than swing at it if he didn't think he could hit it out of the park.

There's a reason why he cleared the all of the waivers ahead of the Diamondbacks. Even though he leads the NL in HR's, he is batting a minuscule .233. Plus he's a FA at the end of the year.

Freel??? I don't understand that one.

Freel is too injury prone. I agree with brainfry 100%. Unfortunately with the hiring of Baker, the Reds are once again 2 or 3 years away from being a competing team. Too bad a Pinella deal couldn't have been worked out.

Dunn Trade Details

By Tim Dierkes [August 14 at 5:05pm CST]

5:05pm: According to John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer, the third player going to the Reds in the Dunn trade is catcher Wilkin Castillo. The 24 year-old ranked 14th among D'Backs prospects heading into the season, according to Baseball America. He is able to play many other positions as well.

THURSDAY, 9:52am: Owings has not yet been placed on waivers, according to MLB.com's Mark Sheldon. John Fay says that's because an injured player cannot be placed on waivers, and Owings is dealing with shoulder stiffness. Owings will be put on waivers when he's healthy, though the deal will still be completed in the offseason if a team claims him before the Reds

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)