Duplicate channels SD/HD.

M

mpg

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 14, 2007
Hello,

I actually have two questions, I apologize if these have been brought up before. I signed up for Dish THD Silver. In the guide I see duplicates of the SD offering, is there a way to hide the dupes like you can with DTV? Besides altering the fav list?

Can someone explai to me why the channel lineup is duplicated once you get to the 8000s?

Thanks,

M

L

Laddyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 12, 2006
Central IL/SW FL/Big Island
Hello,

I actually have two questions, I apologize if these have been brought up before. I signed up for Dish THD Silver. In the guide I see duplicates of the SD offering, is there a way to hide the dupes like you can with DTV? Besides altering the fav list?

Can someone explai to me why the channel lineup is duplicated once you get to the 8000s?

Thanks,

M

Press the Guide button twice and select All HD. You can also lock out whatever channels you don't want displayed. Menu-5-2.

Channels can appear in more than one place due to either being mapped down to a channel number to correspond to a local TV channel or some other E* program grouping like Dish Latino.

G

garys

SatelliteGuys Master
In the menu, select locks, then channels. Select the channels you don't want to see making sure to also select Hide Locked. Then lock the system. The channels selected will not show in any guide, themes or searches.

M

mpg

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 14, 2007
Thanks!

Man that was quick. Thanks again :D

pfan1981

pfan1981

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 16, 2008
Green Bay, WI
i click menu, preferences, favorites to make a list of the channels I actually watch to avoid seeing the shopping channels.

pfan