NEED RECONMENDATIONS FOR 622 ETHERNET HOOKUP

GARY811000

Original poster
Aug 4, 2006
I want to hook up my 622 to my broadband system so I can use the sling remote programming on my IPHONE. I cannot run an Ethernet cable to it, this leaves either wifi or home wiring Ethernet as my choices. I already have wireless wifi running and would need a (game adaptor?) or some device for the 622 end, or add Ethernet home wiring devices to both ends. Being none of this equipment is cheap I don’t want to buy something that will be a problem using or setting up. The wireless router I am running is a Linksys WRT54GS and I receive a good signal at the 622s location. So could someone recommend a solution to my needs considering cost and functionality? I understand the slingbox would handle this, but at this time I do not need the slingbox for remote viewing, I just want the remote programming ability. Thanks.

Well, if you get a homeplug adapter, you would only need one of them at the router. That isn't too expensive. The 622 has the HomePlug adapter built into it. You'd only need a 2nd one if you where ether going to set the "network password" or bypass a surge protector/UPS.

Thanks Cyclone, does that mean the 622 will get its signal from the ac line cord that is already plugged into the 120vac wall socket and I just need to install a unit in the wall socket and plug in an Ethernet cable at the router? Hope I am interpreting that right.

Cyclone, I just found one of your posts from way back explaining the 622 use with homeplugs and it covered everything I believe I need. Again thanks a lot for pointing me in the right direction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)