Duplicate recordings different Original Air Date

tlbrewer

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Is anyone else having this problem? A number of my timers, which are set to record new shows only, are recording two instances of the same show. The kicker is, when I look at the details for the show, one will show the correct original air date. The second recording will have an original air date in 2004. Thanks and God Bless.

Yes, I have the same problem. There doesn't seem to be a pattern here, just random.

I first noticed this behavior after the 5.12 update, it still happens with the 6.12 update; ViP622.

Is anyone else having this problem? A number of my timers, which are set to record new shows only, are recording two instances of the same show. The kicker is, when I look at the details for the show, one will show the correct original air date. The second recording will have an original air date in 2004. Thanks and God Bless.

You need to check on the recording if it says "new" in the info section. Some shows come on different channels, so they are "NEW" to each channel. An example now is the planet green channel show with tommy lee on sundays. It also comes on "NEW" a few days later on TLC channel. It is new to tlc so it is listed as so, plus it will show a different airdate, as to when it aired on that channel.

Just goes to prove that it doesn't matter how smart the DVR software is, if the guide data is wrong.

Or as we old-timers used to call it in the data center, GIGO.

It happened to a DVR of South Park. I thought the duplicate was simply the second part of the Cartman's father episodes but both were part one.

Neither were new. Part one had the correct broadcast date of 1998 in the guide. However the second one was listed as episode 1 in 1997. I figure they do that when there is no episode info available and display it with the first known air date. So yes it could easily be the fault of the source.

In the end I didnt miss anything because I had already seen both episodes and know who the father is :D

I had a couple of instances when I had set the timer for "New", and ended up recording 2 or 3 of the same epi...seems to have cleared now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts