Dutch channels? [novice question]

MichiDutch

Original poster
Jun 19, 2006
Hi,

I moved here from Europe/Netherlands (aka Holland). We have a DishPro 500, as far as I understand w 3 receivers and a DP34 switch.

I am wondering if it is possible to receive Dutch channels, either Dutch public broadcasting or commercial channels (especially the last ones I am sure are transmitted via Satellite at least aimed towards Europe). :confused:

Does anyone have any insights and suggestions what I need to upgrade and what the costs will be?

Thanks!
Bart

There are no Dutch channels listed for Dish Network. Europe's satellites are beamed toward Europe, therefore, you will not be able to receive the signal in the USA.

Dish does carry 2 German channels.

MichiDutch said:
Hi,

I moved here from Europe/Netherlands (aka Holland). We have a DishPro 500, as far as I understand w 3 receivers and a DP34 switch.

I am wondering if it is possible to receive Dutch channels, either Dutch public broadcasting or commercial channels (especially the last ones I am sure are transmitted via Satellite at least aimed towards Europe). :confused:

Does anyone have any insights and suggestions what I need to upgrade and what the costs will be?

Thanks!
Bart
Try posting in the FTA (Free To Air Forum), you should get some answers there. It would also be helpful if you told us where you were located.

the only Dutch channel available in the US is BVN, which you can get with a free to air system (30" dish and a different receiver)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts