DVB-S2 Blind Scan for Pansat 9200HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lynskyn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
Houston, Texas
FYI - According to one of Pansat's dealer sites, a new DVB-S2 "Plus" board is coming out in May that will do blind scan for S2 signals on 9200HD receivers. Nothing on Pansat's site about it yet though.

they DO listen?

If they can do that, it would sure help support sales.
Might even make getting the box from an ex-hacker an interesting possibility.
Now, if they'd just fix the reported problems with the disc recording... :rolleyes:

Gives hope for retrofitting other STBs which were previously hack-only boxes, too!

That'd be cool if they do, since I haven't bought an S2 board for mine yet. (I use my CS8000 for S2) :)

Probably more promises Pansat can't deliver for the 9200. I doubt I'll be buying a board for mine.

I decided to solve the S2 problem by purchasing a Diamond instead. Maybe the PVR will actually work too.

Probably more promises Pansat can't deliver for the 9200. I doubt I'll be buying a board for mine.

I decided to solve the S2 problem by purchasing a Diamond instead. Maybe the PVR will actually work too.

I am with you on this 1 Corrado, would not believe it till I seen it with a Pansat.

now as far as the Diamond I like mine here, an the more you use it the more you will like, it kind of grows on you. now as far as recording it does a good job up until you record a high bit feed, an this has Nothing to do with sr, I have recorded a 32362 for sr flawless, then on another 32362 feed freeze an stumble so bad was unwatchable. an might as well for get about any espn or abc feeds they just don't work. now as far as off air an sd recordings have been flawless.

now I ran into a s2 feed over the week end where the Diamond has it over the Pansat, an beleive me really like my Pan-9000 here this has 1 Great tuner in it so much better than the 9200 models. had a s2 feed with a sr of 31,260 an the pan would not lock it to save it life, then put tp info in the Diamond an lock it asap. now after reading the spec's on the Pan found out that for dvbs-2 the pan will go from 10,000 to 30,000 for a sr, in their spec's sheet, now I have locked an played some S2 with a 9700 sr but nothing lower that I can think of. also on another note on the rtn mux on amc-3 Diamond dispays picture right now an the Pan will take a second or 2 for picture to pop in.

now I like my Diamond here, an good luck with you'res they have a great channel editor too.

Well it's a pretty annoying thing for me, owning two HD receivers - Sonicview 800 and Viewsat 9000.

In both of these machines the menus provide for a list or transmission types, including S-2. Neither box has these modules available.

I do think it would be wise for these manufacturers to take notice of the new Nagravision 3 encryption scheme, from what I understand just about fully implemented, and try to carve out some market with S-2 and 4.2.2 boards.

From what I read, neither the Europeans nor the Canadians have been able to hack the new encryption.

So come on FTA manufacturers! Adapt to the new reality. Make modules for S-2 and other kinds of signals.

Or just close your factories and lay off your employees.

I have a Pansat 9200, and while it does have its DVB-S2 flaws (and a lot of them at that), then if they come out with a blind scan board, I will buy it as long as its economically fit for me. I sure am tired of seeing everything go DVBS2 with no way to find the feeds other than coming online for them.

Well, if it works better than the Vantage does as a receiver, having S2 blindscan is a big deal. :D

One silver lining is with N3 here maybe some of these overpriced hack boxes will go down in price...we can only hope...:D

Well, if it works better than the Vantage does as a receiver, having S2 blindscan is a big deal. :D

One silver lining is with N3 here maybe some of these overpriced hack boxes will go down in price...we can only hope...:D

Thats so true on all Stogie.

well I would need to here how they work 1st before getting another 9200.
as well as if Panerax fixed their 30,000 an up SR in the S2 mode.

after having some of these Euro receivers, having more faith in them than American receivers, but I still like Panerax products.
just have to wait an see.

New Blind Search Module for Pansat 9200HD!

Dear All,

Perhaps yesterday, Pansat's web-site began showing a new "DVB-S2 Plus Kit." Lines off to its right indicate that it receives DVB-S2 (8PSK), and that "blind search is available".

I believe that this is the blind-search module which 9200HD owners have awaited for so long.

Now to see what reviewers and owners report!

Sincerely,

Gordon F. Corbett

Dear SatinKzo,

They overshot by a month, but at last the Pansat HD blind search module is for sale. I want to see whether it works reliably. Generally, newly introduced items, from automobiles to coffeemakers to electronic goods, go through "teething troubles." Certainly we have seen this tendency in our FTA receivers of all brands. SATMANCANADA alluded to this in messages he wrote for another forum.

I just hope it is good, because I really want something better than my 3500s. The idea of looking at HD stations' transmissions, even though we lack HDTV, is really exciting; and the idea of looking them up with blind search sounds wonderful.

Gordon F. Corbett

Too bad the Panny 9200HD with new module wont do 4:2:2 SD/HD.

Dear SatinKzo,

They overshot by a month, but at last the Pansat HD blind search module is for sale.
The Pansat 9200 already blind scans HD as well as SD. This module will allow it to blind scan, and receive, DVBS-2 signals which out of the box, it does not.

Gordon,

I think you are confusing the 9000 and the 9200.
The 9200 always had blind scan, this new module adds blind scan feature to the dvb-s2 board. The previous board only did dvb-s2, no blind scan functinality.

The 9000 lacks blindscan out of the box, but handles dvb-s2 out of the box. Much like the Coolsat 8000/8100

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)