Can't read NDF files anymore?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SpiffWilkie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Memphis, TN
I tried to edit my channel list yesterday and now I can't seem to open the .ndf files that I grab from my diamond 9000 hd. Funny thing is, I can't open files that I was just able to open a week ago. I backed up and edited the list a week ago and now even those files won't work. I copied the files to another PC and they still won't work. Last thing to try is to download the files directly to another PC from the stb (unfortunately, I don't have another laptop with a serial port :(

Has anyone ever experienced this abomination before?

-Steve

Are you using the Diamond Editor?

Nope. I don't think I've ever had that. I'm using STBtool and NDFedit. I have also tried channelmaster. In addition to using STBtool, I've tried getting the file off the box by dumping it to the connected USB hard drive in the options menu somewhere. That file didn't work either.

I just can't figure out why it stopped all of the sudden. Really, the only think that I can think of is that I'm using my work PC and I'm always installing all sorts of SDK's and frameworks, etc. I guess it's possible that that could have done something to screw this up. :confused:

some of those editors can do crazy things

had same issue with my Coolsat editor..had to get a new copy

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)