DVB S2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cathyig

Original poster
Jun 23, 2006
The Florida network on AMC3 is in the process of switching from digicypher 2 to DVB S2, according to their site. If anyone knows what the transponder numbers will be for the DVB S2, could you let me know. Since it's on KU band, I wanted to test my diamond 9000 receiver on it.

Testing won't be finished until around August 20th or so.

PDF with more info.....

Attachments

• FloridaCH.pdf
    12.9 KB · Views: 330
Is this feed currently encrypted?
If so, what makes you think it won't also be encrypted when they switch to DVB-S2?

Quoted from pdf Lak7 posted;

'The Tallahassee SOC will begin final testing and proofing of the new
DVB-S2 encoders on the 801/802 bandwidth."

while DGII encryption can be run ontop of dvb-s2 reading through the pdf it doesnt sound like they will be doing that. they may be using another form of encryption who knows.

Forming DVB-S2 or DVB-S signals have nothing to do with encryption.
You can use any type scrambling (PowerVu, Irdeto, Nagravision, DCII, etc) or compression (MPEG-2, MPEG-4 AVC/H.264. etc) with digital signals in QPSK, 8PSK, -S, -S2, etc.

I understood it that they are switching from DCII to DVB-S2.
I also understood it that the Freq, Pol, and SR will remain the same, but who knows.

I understood it that they are switching from DCII to DVB-S2.
I also understood it that the Freq, Pol, and SR will remain the same, but who knows.

they said both streams would run simultaneous for a period, that means they MUST be on different freq.

For receivers, they are suggesting Scopus IRD 2961 and Coship CDVB 5112. I doubt that they will be using DCII or any other encryption.

The Florida channels we're NEVER encrypted. Why spend to encrypt now? Dozens of stations around here are taking the Florida Mux. I don't think Tallahassee wants to rock the boat with this. They rocked enough boats with the state budget.

Perhaps the increasing use of S2 will prompt the receiver manufacturers to get some capable units to the market. I feel like I'm missing something.

I'm still on the fence about putting a board in my 9200 vs. another receiver.

Here is what I'm seeing now:

The Florida DCII mux which was at 12047 V 7230 is gone.

Also on Transponder 18 there are two DCII muxes with one channel each.

12062 V 3250 DCII Florida Knowledge Network

12069 V 3250 DCII The Florida Channel

The new DVB-S2 mux is not up yet. But will probably replace the DCII mux that was at 12047 V.

Power Vu(DES) and DCII are proprietary Encryption and are not generated by SAS's for insertion....

Forming DVB-S2 or DVB-S signals have nothing to do with encryption.
You can use any type scrambling (PowerVu, Irdeto, Nagravision, DCII, etc) or compression (MPEG-2, MPEG-4 AVC/H.264. etc) with digital signals in QPSK, 8PSK, -S, -S2, etc.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts