Status
Please reply by conversation.

scottc98

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
Columbus, OH
All,

Is there any prog out there that take a channel list from a receiver (i.e fortec Liftime NA) and use it with DvbDream? I've used Channelmaster to take CL from the fortec and add it to Mytheatre, but the file format (.chl) is not compatible with channelmaster and I really like DvbDream.

My main issue is that my blind scans from the Fortec don't always scan in DvbDream when you do a TP scan. Also, I can't find a way to do a manual channel entry for DvbDream either.

Thanks in advanced!

Manual entry in the tps in dvb dream should bring in any channels on those tps, assuming you are entering them correctly, and have everything hooked up right. Make sure to use KU-Circular to get the 10750 LO since I guess KU Circular is what DVB Dream calls a standard LNB?

Manual entry in the tps in dvb dream should bring in any channels on those tps, assuming you are entering them correctly, and have everything hooked up right. Make sure to use KU-Circular to get the 10750 LO since I guess KU Circular is what DVB Dream calls a standard LNB?

...except when the signal isn't allways that strong. I've done manual scans with no results. So if the signal is boarderline (i.e 30-45 quallity), it sometimes doesn't scan in on a manual tp scan. At the same time, i've edited a existed dead channel from a old scan, manually added the pids and channel comes in.

Can you create "dummy" channels with Dvbdream so one can then manually edit the channel info?

Love the prog....except for the lack of channel list editing :)

DVB Dream ( at least version 1.3c) has a good list of lnb's. It calls a standard linear lnb Ku-Linear- Universal or Standard , depending on which one you have. It also has entries for the Circular Lnb's (all versions for Ku band) and
for C band lnb's. For a freeware program, it is very complete and well done.
Of all the different DVB programs I have tried, this one has been the best and most stable for me. I bought MyTheatre and was disappointed in how well it handled HD. (at the time, I had not got NVidia's PureVideo codec) And it also had
a very high cpu usage with HD. DVB Dream just seems to get better and better with every version.
grusome

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)