DVD player connection

tanglefoot

Original poster
Oct 24, 2008
I want to connect a DVD player to the #2 TV on my Dishnetwork DVR. The instruction booklet seems to indicate that, to obtain the desired channel on the satellite, I would have to turn on the DVD player every time I turn on the TV. Is there any way to wire this thing like my #1 TV so that I can turn on the DVD player only when I want to use it?
Butch

Your DVD player and sat receiver have nothing to do with each other. There is no "installing on". Connect DVD directly to TV2 with available inputs...ie, A/V1, 2....

I want to connect a DVD player to the #2 TV on my Dishnetwork DVR. The instruction booklet seems to indicate that, to obtain the desired channel on the satellite, I would have to turn on the DVD player every time I turn on the TV. Is there any way to wire this thing like my #1 TV so that I can turn on the DVD player only when I want to use it?
Butch

Can you show how everything is connected from the receiver to the dvd player to the tv?

The manual says to connect the coax from the DVR to the DVD player, then the signal goes out to the remote TV. The first step in the book says to always leave the VCR powered on so the TV can receive satellite programming. On the near TV that isn't necessary, though. Is there a way to connect it so the VCR won't have to stay on?
Thanks to all for the replies and any help you can give.
Butch

If you have a DVD/VCR combo or just an old school VCR that has UHF in/out you would hook the TV2 Output from your Dish DVR to the input, and then from the output of your DVD/VCR to the TV.

Then to watch SATELLITE TV you would have to either leave the DVD/VCR on with it set to the channel that the Dish DVR outputs (This channel is 60 or 73 most of the time), or turn the DVD/VCR off and turn the TV to the channel that you Dish DVR outputs. Then if you wanted to watch your DVD/VCR you would have to switch the TV back to channel 3 to see a picture.

If you are just talking about a regular DVD player, then it will connect into an AV input on your tv, and will have nothing to do with the Dishnetwork system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)