DVD recorder-will it work w/sat

lmn1220

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
will a dvd recorder work with sat as far as setting up programs to record?

thanks

depends on the recorder. I have a sony dvd recorder that will link to the sat box that will turn it on and tune it to the right channel.

depends on the recorder. I have a sony dvd recorder that will link to the sat box that will turn it on and tune it to the right channel.

i can't spend alot for the dvd recorder, any suggestions?

thanks

DVD recorder will work fine. Either manually start recording during playback of a dvr event. Or program the the dvr to auto tune and set the dvd recorder to record on aux input by date/time.

I have a RCA dvd recorder with upconvert & hdmi output. Listed on Amazon for $79.

Don't get a DVD-Recorder yet. The prices keep going down and up back and forth. Wait until the end of the year til the price go below $90. When Blue-Ray is out, DVD will go down soon. I got a Samsung DVD-Recorder for $79 two years ago and the same machine goes $119 right now.

? about dvd recrdr.
what is the difference between analog tuning & digital when buying a dvd recorder?

and what should i be looking for in the way of a dvd recrdr. again, i don't want to spend more then $90.

thanks!

I think it was last summer (a year ago) that I got a house-brand DVD recorder at Radio Shack.
As I recall, they were on clearance around $40 or $50 because the impending rule requiring digital tuners.
This one only tunes analog channels, not that I'd care - I use the RCA input jacks to record! ;)
Since you want to record from satellite, you don't care either.

Some Dish receivers have IR-blaster feature to turn on your VCR and make it record - maybe you can use that.
I was recording FTA from a receiver with no such feature, so I just left the receiver on channel, and set the timer in the recorder for overnight recording.
Just as if using a VCR... and it worked great!.

I'd suggest keeping an eye out every holiday, for sales at all the big retailers (and etailers), and see what pops up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)