DVD thru 811 Input.. Sound but no pix

ucrazy51

Original poster
Jul 27, 2005
I tried attaching my Dvd player thru the Rca inputs on the 811. I used input 2.
When I select channel 0-02 the receiver switches to OTA mode and I get audio from the DVD but no Video.

Am I missing something in the setup or will this not work.

BTW, I have 811 DVI out to TV DVI and also composite out to a different TV input. I use the DVI for HD and the other out for SD

I'm trying to see if the DVD thru the 811 will give better quality than just straight from DVD to TV via component.

TIA

Hi, welcome to the site :welcome

It should work, but it's deffinetly much better to plug the componet of the DVD into the TV that the composite into the 811

I agree, you will be using the poorest quality video (480i) going to the 811...and the 811 doesn't do a very good job upconverting to HD quality with SD (480i content). In fact people have reported that the s-video output looks better than component/DVI on the 811, when viewing SD content (I'm one of those people). It's because your TV will do a better job upconverting than the 811.

Did you try selecting the back-panel input 2 from the EPG or just using the numerical button input? It should be in your EPG and it should be selectable; however, the PQ will be disappointing. I've tried it and disconnected it. VCR input OTOH is somewhat improved, but via DVI it looks a lttle strange. I ended up disconnecting it also. My Sammy DLP does a great job improving composite video input.

No Picture but Audio.

I've had this problem a couple of times with my wife's TV downstairs. I run the 811 output through an RF modulator for the remainder of the house. I usually screw up and leave the progressive option enabled on the DVD player. You probally just need to go to your DVD setup menu to disable it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)