DVI cables?

rayf

Original poster
Oct 17, 2003
I am new to this forum thing, so I'm not sure about etiquette and protocol, but I would like to ask if anyone can tell me - assuming I can get a Dish 921 sometime soon - what sort of DVI cable is best to have on hand? I have one of the new Sammy DLP's and it has some kind of DVI input, which I assume is DVI-D. The 921 is DVI-I. Is the best thing to get a DVI-D male to male? Some vendors say DVI-D connectors are okay with DVI-I.

Thanks. I think the guide will more than answer my question. Makes me think maybe I should try DVI on my computer-TV connection, except that would eat up my only DVI input and I don't think $500 for a DVI switch is reasonable.

rayf said:
Thanks. I think the guide will more than answer my question. Makes me think maybe I should try DVI on my computer-TV connection, except that would eat up my only DVI input and I don't think $500 for a DVI switch is reasonable.

I have the same dilemna, currently I have my computer taking up my TVs DVI input, but when my 811 comes tomorrow, I will have to make a decision. I will probably keep my dvi connection on my computer and run component from the 811. Although I guess I could invest in a RGBHV breakout cable, and run it to the tv, but I like the dvi from the computer.

rayf said:
I am new to this forum thing, so I'm not sure about etiquette and protocol, but I would like to ask if anyone can tell me - assuming I can get a Dish 921 sometime soon - what sort of DVI cable is best to have on hand? I have one of the new Sammy DLP's and it has some kind of DVI input, which I assume is DVI-D. The 921 is DVI-I. Is the best thing to get a DVI-D male to male? Some vendors say DVI-D connectors are okay with DVI-I.

I think the real difference in the DVI-d is the dual allowing more or higher bandwidth...my RCA came with a dual, but I also think they cost twice as much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)