Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 17, 2003
miami fl
hi which cable should i get for the 811 a single or dual dvi-d ? thanks harvey

928gt

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Nov 25, 2003
Single or Dual will work. Of course the Single will be cheaper so let your wallet decide.

M

mfino

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Dec 2, 2003
It probably has to do more with your TV. I'm getting a GWIII today and the manual states to use single.

Sparkman

Sparkman

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Charlotte,NC
Could the wrong cable have an effect? I just got one off E-bay, it is a double, and when I plugged it in, the picture was horrible and aspect ratio ws like on a full zoom or more. Could only see about 1/3 of the picture. Could this be related to the aspect raio problems of the 811. Hooked up thru RGB I get a good HD picture & was hoping it might be better with the dvi.

928gt

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Nov 25, 2003
Could the wrong cable have an effect? I just got one off E-bay, it is a double, and when I plugged it in, the picture was horrible and aspect ratio ws like on a full zoom or more. Could only see about 1/3 of the picture. Could this be related to the aspect raio problems of the 811. Hooked up thru RGB I get a good HD picture & was hoping it might be better with the dvi.

Check the Picture settings of your TV, most I have seen have a "one to One" pixel setting and a "Fill Screen" settting for the DVI input setting.

If yours is set to "one to one" and you use 1080i with a TV that only has 720 native pixels you would experience the problem you describe.

Dave

Sparkman

Sparkman

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Charlotte,NC
928gt said:

Check the Picture settings of your TV, most I have seen have a "one to One" pixel setting and a "Fill Screen" settting for the DVI input setting.

If yours is set to "one to one" and you use 1080i with a TV that only has 720 native pixels you would experience the problem you describe.

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I hooked it up real quick last night & didn't get a chance to review. I will check it tonight.

BOYCOTT26

BOYCOTT26

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 2, 2003
Since TV's don't go over 1080i resolution you should'nt
need more than a single DVI-D.