dvi-d cable for 811

Single or Dual will work. Of course the Single will be cheaper so let your wallet decide.

It probably has to do more with your TV. I'm getting a GWIII today and the manual states to use single.

Could the wrong cable have an effect? I just got one off E-bay, it is a double, and when I plugged it in, the picture was horrible and aspect ratio ws like on a full zoom or more. Could only see about 1/3 of the picture. Could this be related to the aspect raio problems of the 811. Hooked up thru RGB I get a good HD picture & was hoping it might be better with the dvi.

Could the wrong cable have an effect? I just got one off E-bay, it is a double, and when I plugged it in, the picture was horrible and aspect ratio ws like on a full zoom or more. Could only see about 1/3 of the picture. Could this be related to the aspect raio problems of the 811. Hooked up thru RGB I get a good HD picture & was hoping it might be better with the dvi.

Check the Picture settings of your TV, most I have seen have a "one to One" pixel setting and a "Fill Screen" settting for the DVI input setting.

If yours is set to "one to one" and you use 1080i with a TV that only has 720 native pixels you would experience the problem you describe.

Dave

928gt said:

Check the Picture settings of your TV, most I have seen have a "one to One" pixel setting and a "Fill Screen" settting for the DVI input setting.

If yours is set to "one to one" and you use 1080i with a TV that only has 720 native pixels you would experience the problem you describe.

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I hooked it up real quick last night & didn't get a chance to review. I will check it tonight.