DVI Question?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
Ok Im thinking about ordering some DVI Cables. First Im going to get the DVI-D and my TV has that input.Also it says that its HDCP something compliant but I dont think the DVI input on the 811 is. Does that matter and from waht I read so far the DVI-D is the way to go? :)

your Dish 811 is HDCP compliant. This is measure taken to stop people from copying or recording HDTV. you need to make sure your DVI input on your HDTV is HDCP compiant or you will not get any signal, in other words you waisted alot of money on your TV if it isn't HDCP.

Yeah it is HDCP! I just called Pacific Custom Cable and they explained all that to me. I thought that’s what is did jut could not remember. But I’m going to order me some DVI-D cable from them for like 24 bucks to see if that really makes any difference. Thanks for the info!

Poke said:
Yeah it is HDCP! I just called Pacific Custom Cable and they explained all that to me. I thought that’s what is did jut could not remember. But I’m going to order me some DVI-D cable from them for like 24 bucks to see if that really makes any difference. Thanks for the info!

Check with some local computer shops. There's one across the river from me that sells the DVI-D cable, 6ft, for $12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)