DVR-1100c: Timers still broken - Resolved

meinename

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 9, 2008
Portland, OR
How should I go about restoring the functionality of the timers on my DVR-1100c
I'm very frustrated not having them. :mad:

From what I've gathered elsewhere, I shouldn't load an older firmware since that will cause more problems. I have a copy of 3.15.

With 3.15 timers worked. JPEG Viewer was broken and Watching in Channel Editor was as well.

3.17 broke timers and added new freezing bugs.

I waited patiently since February for a new firmware. 5 months.
I'm asking whether I can safely roll back to 3.15 by choosing "Bootloader"
Or do I need a "rollback/cleaner" file?

Last edited by a moderator:
You may go backwards at any time with the bootloader selected.

We are unaware of any timer issues with v3.17b. Please email a detailed description of the timer issue that you have experienced with v3.17b. Also describe the freezing issues. Are you referring to the freeze that occurs in the Channel Search screen?

A new firmware version is available, but not yet posted as it is still in beta with a few testers. PM me with your email address if you wish to try beta for v3.17b pre-release. Beta v3.17b corrects the Channel Search screen freeze and while in the Glorystar mode, reboots to Glorystar channel 1 to reset the time if updated or loss of power.

2 Important Notes:
My unit is ran in Advanced mode
I'm talking about 3.17 NOT 3.17b

My unit was updated in this fashion:
1. It came out-of-box with 3.12
2. Did a Bootloader update via USB to 3.15
3. Later updated First week of February to 3.17 via Factory Reset to Glorystar mode and then OTA update
4. Repeated a month later in case of a bad update.

I already posted a thread on the Channel Search [TP Edit] freeze:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/gloryst...r-1100c-bug-freeze-blindscanning-tp-edit.html
Need to add:
1. Unit becomes unresponsive, fails to update meter if Beep is used in Channel Search mode for 3 mins. with no signal quality while Beeps still sound low tone for "no quality"
2. Various freezes on different scrambled transponders (Usually PowerVu)
On 121W Galaxy 23 C-band TP NIT ID shows ABC/Disney unit freezes after 90 seconds
TP is in default channel list

As for the timer issue, it goes something like this...
1. I set timer 1 [I've tried setting weekly, daily, one-time doesn't really matter]
2. I set timer 2
3. I press right on the timer number to go and set number 3 and get a conflict message.

It does not matter what is set for the time as the message pops up as long as there is a timer set.
The resulting behavior with the first timer is that the recording starts in the equivalent AM time and does not stop until the user intervenes manually.
It does not matter what start time I put in "Timer 1", it always starts in the AM and runs until I intervene with the STOP button on the remote or push the power button on the front of the unit.

Please reply with issue fixed so far in 3.17b, please.

1. Unit becomes unresponsive, fails to update meter if Beep is used in Channel Search mode for 3 mins. with no signal quality while Beeps still sound low tone for "no quality"
2. Various freezes on different scrambled transponders (Usually PowerVu)
On 121W Galaxy 23 C-band TP NIT ID shows ABC/Disney unit freezes after 90 seconds
TP is in default channel list

1. We will test and report on this. Unaware of this issue being reported previously. Seems to be a biggy to have not been previously documented.

2. We will test, but need a list of affected satellites and specific transponders..

As for the timer issue, it goes something like this...
1. I set timer 1 [I've tried setting weekly, daily, one-time doesn't really matter]
2. I set timer 2
3. I press right on the timer number to go and set number 3 and get a conflict message.

It does not matter what is set for the time as the message pops up as long as there is a timer set.
The resulting behavior with the first timer is that the recording starts in the equivalent AM time and does not stop until the user intervenes manually.
It does not matter what start time I put in "Timer 1", it always starts in the AM and runs until I intervene with the STOP button on the remote or push the power button on the front of the unit.

We have not heard of and cannot duplicate these timer issues. Just finished setting 5 timers on 4 test units using v3.17. All worked as programmed.

Is this with Manual time set or Auto? What is the duration setting (are you entering an end time setting or the length of the recording)? Are you entering the times in 24 hour format (1pm = 13:00)?

1. We will test and report on this. Unaware of this issue being reported previously. Seems to be a biggy to have not been previously documented.

2. We will test, but need a list of affected satellites and specific transponders..
Start with 121W 3980 V 27690
The one on 83W disappeared and that was my other regular problem TP on Ku
We have not heard of and cannot duplicate these timer issues. Just finished setting 5 timers on 4 test units using v3.17. All worked as programmed.

Is this with Manual time set or Auto? What is the duration setting (are you entering an end time setting or the length of the recording)? Are you entering the times in 24 hour format (1pm = 13:00)?
Manual time. (The Equity transponders mess up the time by 6 hours.)
Wed. 21:00-21:59 Ch. 138
Daily 15:00-15:59 Ch. 102
Daily 16:00-16:59 Ch. 102
Daily 17:00-17:59 Ch. 102
Daily 18:00-18:59 Ch. 102

Manual time. (The Equity transponders mess up the time by 6 hours.)
Wed. 21:00-21:59 Ch. 138
Daily 15:00-15:59 Ch. 102
Daily 16:00-16:59 Ch. 102
Daily 17:00-17:59 Ch. 102
Daily 18:00-18:59 Ch. 102

Are you entering 21:00 in the Start Field?
Are you entering 21:59 or 00:59 in the Duration Field?

We are unable to duplicate this reported issue if 00:59 is entered in the Duration Field. If 21:59 is entered in the Duration, then the issues occur as described since their is a overlap after 17 hours of recording.

We would suggest performing a Factory Reset and Master Power OFF. Re-power and reconfigure the receiver. Do not use a custom saved channel list as this custom saved channel list may contain the errors causing this timer issue.

v3.18 will be released next week.

Last edited:

Verified correct function with beta v3.20. Satellite dish panned off of the satellite for 15 minutes without quality reading and beep function ON, then panned on with instant lock. Did not test 3.17 as this version is being updated next week.

This appeaars to be a simlar issue as I have reported with the timers, but did not realize it could be an AM start for timer1. I can switch mine easily and will put a PM time in there. It could be why this seems to be random, as it would only be once a week. I had a daily set up in timer one and it would roll continuously almost every day.

I only have G-19 hooked up and when the system does an update the rcvr goes to 106 and then it completely locks up and I have to do a full reset to get it back on. I thought that problem was going to be fixed.

I did have amc4 hooked up for a while also, but it appeared my cable run may have been just too far for the switch to work, but when I had AMC4 hooked up, and the system updated, it would come back on 106 and the clock would not update, so I would not get a recording.

Looking for updates.
POP

I only have G-19 hooked up and when the system does an update the rcvr goes to 106 and then it completely locks up and I have to do a full reset to get it back on. I thought that problem was going to be fixed.

Beta v3.20 now boots to Channel 1 and restores the time. Will not matter if AMC4 is present or not. V3.20 to be released next week.

Are you entering 21:00 in the Start Field?
Are you entering 21:59 or 00:59 in the Duration Field?

We are unable to duplicate this reported issue if 00:59 is entered in the Duration Field. If 21:59 is entered in the Duration, then the issues occur as described since their is a overlap after 17 hours of recording.

We would suggest performing a Factory Reset and Master Power OFF. Re-power and reconfigure the receiver. Do not use a custom saved channel list as this custom saved channel list may contain the errors causing this timer issue.

v3.18 will be released next week.
Wow did I make a stink over a USER ERROR or what. :eek::eek::eek:
I kept putting stop time in the duration field. :rolleyes:

I'm laughing pretty hard right now at myself. :yikes!sadroll

I have some time with the DVR-1100c tonight and tomorrow to have a look at these problems on 3.20 and to cover any new ones by e-mail.

Thank you for your patience Brian. :eek: :hatsoff:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts