DVR 510 or DVR 522?? Which one??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fire_317

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
Ok, have been reading the thread about the 522 problems and am ready to purchase. I have to buy a new receiver due to a problem with my model 5000 and super dish/locals. Dish tech dept put a note on my acct that I can buy a 522 and have it activated. My current 2nd receiver is a model 3900 and the locals work great. My question is, would you recommend the DVR 510 or the DVR 522 and sell the 3900. I would love to have DVR and am satisfied with the 3900. But the thought of only 1 receiver with 2 tuners and be able to record 2 programs at the same time is interesting. I can do with the DVR 510 and the model 3900 but would like the 522. Reading all the 522 threads has me gun shy. What would you do? Has the 522 software been updated to take care of some of the problems? Most threads I have been reading are over 5 or 6 months old, so have updates been released to fix some of the issues?

Originally posted HERE:

jerrydss said:
Just a bit of back up info on Dish and echo products: I've been working with Dish for going on 5 years now, and I've seen every receiver from the 1000 to the 721...Moral of the story, all you new customers are basicaly beta testing the new 522...My suggestion: Downgrade to 1 510 receiver...it will be more stable than the 522.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts