DVR 510 recorded events prob.

zwacka

Original poster
Aug 29, 2004
I got my DishDVR 510 receiver about 9 months ago. It has had various problems(from audio not recording, losing channels, freezing, etc) but I have been able to reset it(mostly with the "check switch" function or it just quit on its own. The latest issue is with my apox. 95 hours of recorded(and protected) events I have had collected over the past year. All of the sudden the DVR screen said I had around 98 hours of record time available, when I know I only had a few hours left. All the titles of the 80 something events were listed but when you went to play them is was just eh dvr menu screen, minus all the text. You could fast forward and pause but the recorded show never came on. Being that strange things had been happening and it always "fixed" itself I just unplugged it for the evening(like I had done before when it would continually reset itself). Today I plug it back in and it says I have 99 hours available and only 6 titles of the 80 something are listed and the rest are gone. :eek:

Now is it really all gone? Or is there hope? I have been looking to copy the events to my pc before they were all lost-so I could then exchange the receiver(which I paid $499.00 to actually own it). I am hoping the shows are still on the hard rive and just the receiver can't access them... any thoughts? :confused:

I know it may sound silly but I got sick when I saw all my collection gone(various LOTR special and more that I had recorded over the past year) :no

ANY help would be so much appreciated.

Unplug the box immediately.

Join the dishmod & dishrip groups over at yahoo (dishrip is unlisted). They will be the ONLY help for you, and it may be too late already.

Done.

OK I unplugged it.

Thanks SS, I did what you said and joined those 2 groups. I just now posted and am awaiting a response. I actually read of one other person with my PVR problem.

Man, :no with so many issues-I am wondering when, OH WHEN are they going to address and fix them..... :smug

Thanks again SS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)