DVR 510 software upgrade.

xccell

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 15, 2005
I got home yesterday at 5pm EST and when I turned my tv and satellite DVR on I got a message saying I had to install an update.

Did anyone else get this. What did it do? I didn't notice anything change when I looked through the guides.

Anyone have any problems with this update? I have ask for permission to download and it keeps asking me. I am just hesitant due to having the software downloaded not be reversible. They have a history of messing something up, but at least the 5xx series have been solid now so shouldn't be a problem. Just curious what others think. Because I have ask to download set, my box misses timers if I have it turned off because when it powers, it ask to update and won't record til I answer it.

Yup, basically it seems a delay tactic so then they eventually will not come out with nbr. Will give the new software a shot. Crossing my fingers.

One of my kids came along and turned off the 510, so it took the download before I had a chance to evaluate whether or not it was a good idea. Overall so far, it seems to be okay. I just wish they would get the record button/select button problem fixed. Nothying is more aggravating than scrolling ahead in the guide a day or two, then hitting the record button for a show and instead of getting a timer creation screen, it goes back to channel 101 or something like that. So, you go back in, find the show and instead of the record button, you hit the "select" button and it kicks you out again. I have had to do this up to five times beofre it would decide to create a timer.

Well, I am not happy at all with this. I was satisfied with the old software, my 510 has worked flawless for the most part over the last 6 months. I have had to reset it a couple times over that period, no big deal. So I kept avoiding the software update because it being undoable if somethine goes wrong. It basically makes you take the upgrade though if you want your timers to fire because I turn my box off when in use. Needless to say, this new upgrade 3.00 made my box junk. Add another box of mine to that list. In only 2 days, I have had to reboot it and I have missed 3 of 5 timers. I never missed a timer with this box in the past. I turn my box off when not in use. I came home at 11 last night and saw it recording SNL, good thing. I turned the tv on and saw it recording correctly. I never touched the receiver or the boxes controller so the after recording it could turn off automatically. When I woke up, the box was still on, so I knew something was wrong. But the box acted normal, not locked up. I went to the pvr screen and SNL was not in there, but I saw it recording last night. It is in my room so I know I was the only one who touched this box. This company is really testing me. Hopefully others are fine, but my box is now crap.

Forgot to mention, had 1 ZSR event also, so 4 out of 6 timers messed up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts