DVR 510... Uhhh. Broken?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Apage43

Original poster
Jul 15, 2004
Okay, just this morning, I got a Dish DVR 510 Reciever. It'd been working perfectly for a few hours, but now I push the guide button and it says "Program Guide Information on the hard drive is out of date. Retrieve new program guide information? (YES | CANCEL | NO )"
I choose YES, and nothing happens.
I push guide again, and nothing happens.
Also, none of the DVR features work, (Pause, record, etc.)
If I reset it (Unplug / Hold power button)
It does the "Acquiring Signal" bit, and hangs at 5 of 5.
I can go to Menu -> Setup -> Installation -> Signal, and wait 2 seconds for it to say I have signal (And I have an AWESOME signal strength, sometimes it even sits around max), and then cancel out of all the menus and watch tv, and only change channels with the up and down buttons, Info works, and so does the "Browse" function (But only on things that are currently playing), Guide does NOT work, and neither do any DVR features.
I also went through 4 TechSup calls, reset it, checked my signal, and will have a technician sent out Tuesday that will try to fix it and put in a new reciever if they can't.

All I can say is, this SUCKS. :(
Is there some way to like, COMPLETELY, FULLY, reset the damn thing and redownload the software?

Sounds like you got a bad 510 . They will have to replace it. It happens a lot on dvr receivers because they are very fragile with the hard drives.

Open the SC door and pull it out, power down the reciever by unplugging it and letting it sit for 3 minutes then put the card back in and plug it in to the outlette and let it come back up, press guide and it should then start to download the guide. If this doesnt work then press menue 6, 1, 1, then check switch and check and let it run a switch check, once its finished and its verified an lnbf type and switch type and your transponders are either listed as all or odd and even for atleast 2 satellites then exit out until you come to a picture and it should download an update. If the problem continues then yes you do have a bad dvr.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts