DVR 522 Install - 2 dishes?!?

andercr

Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
OK...I'm a total newbie to the satellite thing so this might be nothing.

We moved into a house that used to have Dish...the dish was still mounted on the roof. We were going to get cable but Comcast blew it so we decided we would try out Dish. We got the DVR-522 for 2 TVs and when they came to install it I asked if they were going to use the old dish or replace it with a new one. They said they needed to use both. I now have two dishes up on the roof which is really not that big of a deal but it didn't make sense to me that it needs both.

Does anyone/everyone else out there with a 522 have two dishes? :confused:

Its not a matter of receiver... but a matter of locals or other programming...

sounds to me like your locals are on 61.5 or the other wing bird... thus the need to look at 110 119 and a wing.

What city are your local channels coming from? Then, we can verify that your local channels are coming from a wing satellite.

chaddux said:
What city are your local channels coming from? Then, we can verify that your local channels are coming from a wing satellite.

Locals are out of Philly, PA

My bad....I was just looking at networks... :eek:

WPVI-TV 6 (ABC)SAP 110°
KYW-TV 3 (CBS) 110°
WCAU-TV 10 (NBC)SAP 110°
WTXF-TV 29 (Fox)SAP 110°
WPHL-TV 17 (WB) 110°
WPSG-TV 57 (UPN) 110°
WHYY-TV 12 (PBS)SAP 110°

Just FYI for other readers and searchers...

Denver's KRMA PBS channel 12 requires a second dish.

This is the only way to get more than normal showings of New Yankee Workshop, and the only way to get the Spirit of Colorado series that showcases Colorado's outdoors activities like XGames, Skiing, Horses, Extreme Mountain Biking, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts