DVR 522 Question??

fjava

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2005
NJ
Is it safe to buy a new DVR 522 from www.dishstore.net at this time or is Dish Network still giving a hard time to activate them?
Thanks for any help...

I just called Dish Network this morning and was told the DVR 522 is a lease only and I could not buy it.. They also said they would not activate it if I bought it from the website.... Is this true?
I just don't get it??....

I believe dish is now offering upgrades to existing customers fpr the 522. Not too sure what price or committment if any. If they won't let you activate the one you bought, call back and try another CSR

I must be a whole lot luckier than most. I had a 522 with a serious audio lag problem and no caller ID. The CSR walked me through a series of tests (reboot, etc.), and concluded that the receiver was at fault. He gave me an RA# and said I'd have a replacement within 2 days. Sure enough, it came UPS Air the second day. It is a remanufactured unit, and while not perfect, it is very good. The CSR said they are catching hell about the bugs in the 522, but no one tells them when they are doing a good job. Well, I was pleased (and glad it was a leased, not owned, unit).

I, a long time dish customer, just called and they said "sure" and 2 days later I had my 522 all wired and installed for $149. No problems yet except for the few quirks that I don't like. Now we have two DVR's.. one is our older 2 year old simpler one and this new one for me in my office... plus a basic receiver on a third tv. They just sent me a box to put in my old basic receiver that they swapped the 522 with. Same monthly bill since we already payed that vod fee for the old unit.

I too first check with eBay for brand new untils.. but even the good prices for new were more expensive than $149! And like I said.. montly bill stays the same and I don't own it so if it dies.. I get a new one.

They didn't because I sent them back one when I got the new one. (But I will keep an eye on the bill anyway!)

I bought mine new off Ebay a few weeks ago for $160. I just used the e-mail ceo@dishnetwork method and it worked out fine. I got a call within 10 minutes and my 522 was activated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts