DVR 522 & Signal Problems with Satellite 119

inforr

Original poster
Feb 23, 2008
I get Dish via ATT in our apartment. I have a DVR 522 (single antenna feed) and am experiencing reception issues with a few channels on the 119 Satellite.

The channels in deteriorating order are:
TWC -worst (picture constantly twitters)
HGTV
FOOD - better

The signal strength varies from 50 to 75 for these channels.

I have had the engineer in and they made it slightly better by removing the 4 way splitter that feeds the other points in the apartment. I do have a 25 foot cable that I have replaced with a 20 foot cable to minimise loss.

Is there a booster I can use or is there nothing I can do?

Thanks!

does that reciever have the modified signal meter? if it does, it will say on the signal strength screen

if not... those signals are really low...
do you have your own dish? or is it a dish that is shared between the apartment building?
and why was there a splitter in the line? satellite doesnt work well with splitters

without knowing completely what you are working with... i'd guess the dish needs re-aligned

Thanks for the quick replies!

The dish is a common one. I think the problem is that my apartment is at the end of the building so has the longest run. Strange though as there are apartments above and below me who would have the same problem.

For more info this is what happens - when I am watching TWC I get this message pop-up frequently:

signalerrorwz6.jpg

If I do a signal strength check on the channel I get this:

qamsetupfo0.jpg

Locals and others are fine.

i'm bowing out... i dont know if there is any difference with a QAM setup... never worked with one. But if the meter reads the same... your signal is way low

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)