DVR 622 Setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bill94

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
Hamilton, NJ
HI all, newbe question. If I have say a dvr 622 hooked up to my living room and my daughter rooms and say that I'm recording two thing from the living room. What will my daughter be able to do in her room?

Need more info. The 622 has three tuners, two E* tuners and one OTA tuner. Also depends on single or dual mode and how her room is connected. Short answer: could be any one of the three tuners' live or delayed or any previously recorded dvr program.

Through the two E tuners. No OTA. I dont know what you mead by "single or dual mode". She has a standard one input receiver now. (DTV receiver)

The 622 has the option to output to 2 or 1 tvs. In your case i suspect you are using the 2 tv mode. Thus each tv can independently watch different channels or record different channels. What you wont be able to do is use PIP on tv1 or record a channel and watch a different one on the same tv at the same time.
I havent read the manual but i suspect you might want to look at the adult locks, assuming your daughter is not an adult. otherwise as i say she can do pretty much what you can do on the main tv.

Oh and if no one else has done this already .... :welcome to SatelliteGuys

The 622 is a dual tuner dvr and can work in one of two modes. Single mode while allowing pip also limits all tvs to view the same live/recorded show at the same time. Dual mode loses the pip feature but allows two seperate views on tv's hooked to it. Depending on how your daughters tv is connect, she can either have the same view as main tv or seperate viewing. With no ota, she could watch what is being recorded on either tuner or previously recorded program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)