dvr 625/722 how to select which turner to record from

elloco07

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 25, 2005
Hi all,
I apologize if this has been discussed before but i couldnt find it with the search words I used.

I got a 622 or 625 and the new 722. I am using them as Dual turner for two room viewing. My issue is that when I use remote 1 (green) to select a show to record it is miss or hit on which tuner it will records from. 80% of the time it chooses tuner 2 and the rest of the times on tuner 1. I thought if I use remote 1 select a show to record it should record from turner 1 and if i use remote 2, it should use tuner 2 to record.

Is there a setting that I cannot find to make this happen or is there a setting in the DVR options to select which tuner to record from instead of having the reciever pick for you?

What about if I am using Remote 2 and I want it to record on tuner 1 because it is an HD channel, can i make it record on tuner 1?

thanks

Depends on what mode your rcvr is in (single or dual). There is no mode button the remote, it must be changed on the front of the rcvr itself. With that said, if you are in dual mode, I believe each remote (1 or 2) will select the respective tuner to record from. If you are in single mode then you have a preference (default) of which tuner you want to record to first. I'm not sitting in front of my recvr so I apologize but I can't remember how to navigate to it in the menu. Hope that helps a little.

On the 622, hit the menu button, pferences, record plus. This will let you pick either tv1 or tv2. It will not select by which remote is used. In the case where it records to TV1, did you already have a timer set for tv2?

Hope this helps

Hi all,
I apologize if this has been discussed before but i couldnt find it with the search words I used.

I got a 622 or 625 and the new 722. I am using them as Dual turner for two room viewing. My issue is that when I use remote 1 (green) to select a show to record it is miss or hit on which tuner it will records from. 80% of the time it chooses tuner 2 and the rest of the times on tuner 1. I thought if I use remote 1 select a show to record it should record from turner 1 and if i use remote 2, it should use tuner 2 to record.
If you disable RECORD PLUS it will record on tuner(TV) 1 if you use remote 1 and tuner(TV) 2 if you use remote 2.
What about if I am using Remote 2 and I want it to record on tuner 1 because it is an HD channel, can i make it record on tuner 1?

thanks
It will record in HD if its an HD channel no matter which tuner is used ALL tuners are HD.

If you disable RECORD PLUS it will record on tuner(TV) 1 if you use remote 1 and tuner(TV) 2 if you use remote 2.

It will record in HD if its an HD channel no matter which tuner is used ALL tuners are HD.

This is what I want, I will disable recordplus when I get home and see if that helps. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)