DVR 625 and aspect ratio questions

kc5deb

Original poster
Feb 20, 2005
I have recently upgraded/downgraded (however ya wanna look at it) my 510 and old HD reciever for a DVR 625 for both of my TV's.

On my old 510, I'm almost 100% positive there was an option to set the aspect ratio between 4:3 and 16:9.

My bedroom tv (where the old 510 was) is an older non-hd non-widescreen tv, and I don't care that it's 4:3.

Now, my living room tv is a widescreen tv, and I would like to change the ratio on the 625 to 16:9, but, I for the life of me can not find the setting. Am I missing something, or does the 625 just not do 16:9?

Right, but, my 510 wasn't hd either, and you could set it to 16:9. wasn't ever sure why, since it too wasn't hd, but, pretty sure you could.

You're right, the 510 does widescreen mode, but only for the guide and the menu, basically. It stretches everything else. I don't know where it is on the 625, though, but that person is incorrect in saying "it's not HD so it can't be set".

Sort of an update. I DVR'd Dane Cook's HBO special this weekend from their freeview, and it's fullscreen on my 27" tv, but, letterboxed on my widescreen.

Possibility of it automaticly selecting on TV1 the correct aspect ratio?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)