DVR-625 Installation Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

applegbt

Original poster
Jul 12, 2005
I had the 625 installed today (just switched from Directv), and I am a little confused about how it was wired. With Directv I installed myself, running a 4x8 multiswitch that fed 5 lines directly to 2 dual tuner receivers and 1 basic receiver. When ordering Dish, I only ordered the 625 because I am in a construction phase in my house during which only two televisions will be used.

When installing the 625, the installer took one of the cables that was running from the satellite to the input on the multiswitch, disconnected it from the multiswitch input and fed it into a device (looked like a splitter of some kind) that had two terminals on each side. On the left side of the "splitter" he connected the cable running to the satellite, as well as the cable that runs directly to the second television. On the right side he connected the two cables that run directly to the dual tuner receiver. How does this work? I thought you had to run two separate lines from the satellite (or from a multiswitch) to feed a dual tuner receiver. Is my multiswitch completely useless now? If I choose to install addtional receivers myself down the road I'm not sure how I would proceed.

Okay, that answers one question. But the thing I'm most confused about is the fact that he is using one dish output to feed both tuners. How is this possible?

It get pretty complicated to explain how a Dishpro Plus system works so I am not going to try it's about an hour class. But it is hook up properly from the way you explained it. If you are planning on adding more TV's you are going to need a DPP 44 switch about $180.00 retail if your plannig on more than box. You can however connect 1 more dual tuner box or a single tuner box to you Dishpro plus LNBF. Your multi switch is useless with a Dish pro plus system or any system with more than one satellite. Did you tell your retailer you were adding more TV's because you should had it done now while it's free.

The quick answere here is that "splitter" you see behind the tv is a diplexer. The sat side of it runs to a separator that the 625 can use to divide the sat signal to use for the two tuners. The UHF side of the diplexer hooks to the TV2 output and is passing signal back outside to go to the other room.

Only dual tuners can run off separators at this time. Their software is designed to incorporate them. So you could not use one line and a separator to run two single tuner receivers at the same location.

Hey mudder - that was a nice "one hour class" in 5 lines. :D

Apple: If you're on DHA, you should've ordered your other receiver(s) at the same time - you could find it difficult or expensive to add them later. Sorry.

mudder1310 said:
The quick answere here is that "splitter" you see behind the tv is a diplexer. The sat side of it runs to a separator that the 625 can use to divide the sat signal to use for the two tuners. The UHF side of the diplexer hooks to the TV2 output and is passing signal back outside to go to the other room.

Only dual tuners can run off separators at this time. Their software is designed to incorporate them. So you could not use one line and a separator to run two single tuner receivers at the same location.

Why use of diplexer, the single cable came from the dish connected to the separator for tuner 1 and tuner 2, just run the cable from TV 2 out to where ever the second room is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts