DVR 721 and 921

Fox McCloud

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 21, 2008
Ok, I had a few quick questions about these receivers:

with the 721, I would not have to pay the $5.98 DVR fee, correct? Also, I have heard that with this unit, you also do not have to pay for the $5.00 a month "programming access fee"; is this true?

With the 921, I have heard that you do not have to pay the $7 a month HD access fee or the "Programming access fee", but you do have to pay the $5.98 DVR fee...is this correct?

Also, how difficult would it be to switch out my current DVR (625) for either of these?

Thanks, in advance!

You don't want either of these, for different reasons. You would be taking a step down.

The 721 works great. When it works. Unfortunately, the HDD and power supply tend to fail. Anyway, it looks like Dish will no longer be providing or activating 721s due to Tivo's court action.

The 921? Well, just take my word for it, you don't want it.

Neither is likely to be long for this world anyway.

Can't answer fees questions, depends upon your programming package.

Welcome to the forum.

Mainly, I'm trying to save money, as is; I don't watch many channels (the family package, can, believe it or not, accommodate me), but I get stuck with a $5.00 "programming access fee" since I do not have a phone-line....and a $5.98 DVR fee (which I've heard some units have and others do not).

I have broadband, and I could avoid the $5 "programming access fee" by purchasing a newer HD Receiver, and using the ethernet port, but I'd get a $7 HD enabling fee tacked on, which, in the long run, would be a net loss of
$2 each month....which isn't really acceptable for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts